Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 11:35 PM

48 posts, read 99,368 times

Advertisements

You heard (read)

I challenge you to challenge Tomaro's rank as undisputed champ of Pepperoni Rolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 04:55 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,815 times
Honestly, I have never heard of them. But you can find good pepperoni rolls all over WV.

My personal favorite commercial roll is Z-Brick in Huntington. Homemade rolls are the best though, hot and fresh out of the oven!

Old 06-26-2014, 07:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
YES. I miss them like crazy.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:55 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
The original and authentic pepperoni rolls were all made in North Central WV, and Fairmont, Clarksburg, and Morgantown all claim to have the best. Mostly it just depends on which town you are located in as to what folks will say are the best. Here in Morgantown it is Julia's. They have pretty good sized commercial bakeries that make them here.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:20 AM

6,079 posts, read 9,110,796 times
My mother makes the best pepperoni rolls in West Virginia!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
My mother makes the best pepperoni rolls in West Virginia!
Maybe so. Distribute some and we can take a vote. LOL

They actually do have pepperoni roll contests in Clarksburg.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:28 PM

128 posts, read 444,252 times
Without a doubt, Tomaros are the best. Get them hot, fresh, right out of the oven.

Please, don't even mention them in the same post as Julia's.

Tomaros are in Glen Elk, in Clarksburg. They don't put them in many stores, that I know of. I think they put them in Krogers, there on bridgeport hill, but they go quick.

Best to just go to the bakery and get them.

And don't say country club bakery in fairmont, either.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:10 AM

48 posts, read 99,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveHadEnough View Post
Without a doubt, Tomaros are the best. Get them hot, fresh, right out of the oven.

Please, don't even mention them in the same post as Julia's.

Tomaros are in Glen Elk, in Clarksburg. They don't put them in many stores, that I know of. I think they put them in Krogers, there on bridgeport hill, but they go quick.

Best to just go to the bakery and get them.

And don't say country club bakery in fairmont, either.

Do they only cook them at a certain time like in the morning? I mean what hours can I get them hot out the oven?

Thank you sounds like you know your stuff .

Old 06-30-2014, 01:14 AM

I vote for Country Club Bakery.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:43 PM

128 posts, read 444,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringomania View Post
Do they only cook them at a certain time like in the morning? I mean what hours can I get them hot out the oven?

Thank you sounds like you know your stuff .
The earlier you get there, the better. I've gotten them by like 10 or so in the morning, right out of the oven.

I usually get a couple 3 or so fresh out of the oven (no plastic bag, they just put pepperoni roll in a paper bag) and then grab a couple 3 or so, that are bagged in the plastic bag. The point is, the ones that are in teh plastic bag, will stay fresher a couple days. The "fresh" ones, w/o the plastic bag, get hard in a few hours. Still good, but the bread gets hard.

Eat the "fresh" ones first, then the next day, the ones in the plastic bag.

And Tomaros' bread is awesome too. Italian, hard crust. OMG.

And ignore CTMneer above. CC bakery in fairmont, is weak, compared to Tomaro's.

To get to Tomaros, you get off Rt 50 in downtown Cburg. Take the pike street exit (or main st, I forget which one it's called - either pike or main). As soon as you come through the parking building, hang a right. Then go a couple blocks and u have to make a right or a left, make another right. This takes you back over RT 50. Go across the little bridge, and you are in glen elk (you'll see signs for it over the bridge). Just keep going straight, tomaros is about 2 blocks up on your right. They only take cash, too. So leave the checks and cc's at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia