Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:57 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,278 times

Advertisements

I guess most of these snakes won't attack unless you get real close or corner them, but I wonder how far away they can strike? If I found one in the house, I'm not sure what I would do, maybe grab a broom handle like my grandma, down in Ky, did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 03:44 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,310,545 times
Greg: Somehow that snake reminded me of Mick Jagger too...some of his old photos...
I don't think Mick Jagger has that many teeth now...someone will have an Elvis sighting...I feel it.. Snakes are coming back into the environment just like every other critter...wonder if the coyotes eat them?

DNR guy told me a story a few years back...Federal program to stock rattlers in some areas of WV...by helicopter...He said he wanted it to be successful so they took them up about 2,000 ft...dumped them out of the bags...forgot to give them parachutes and none survived...was a shame, he said with a smile...

Old 06-11-2008, 04:29 AM

967 posts, read 2,994,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
...Federal program to stock rattlers in some areas of WV...by helicopter...He said he wanted it to be successful so they took them up about 2,000 ft...dumped them out of the bags...forgot to give them parachutes and none survived...was a shame, he said with a smile...
I'm a helicopter pilot, and I like snakes- But I wouldn't take a bag full of rattlers flying with me!! I'll fly a SEAL team into the hottest zone you've got, but it's just dumb to fly with a bag of rattlers! If they all got out, I'd be the one jumping without a chute... or maybe I could zero-G them so they couldn't slither to the cockpit!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:39 AM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,644 times
hey did you see GMA this morning? a mom found a snake in her childs crib, they think it came out of the matress!!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:28 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,310,545 times
Hinton: Those rattlers were suspended from a zippered bag and hung under the copter with ropes...were to be installed on the eco at about ground level...no danger to anyone then or now...

Old 06-11-2008, 07:19 AM

'scuse me while I throw in a CD of Grandpa Jones singing "Here Rattler Here"....

Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
How about this?

Cynthia Mckinney - one of the elected officials here. One of the worst breeds of Pit Viper snakes in North America. In this photo, she has teamed up with the Village People and is prepared to invade the toilets in your basements....

if that doesn't do it, I got nuthin'.
I've seen nothing about her at all and only found out by accident that she's on the green ticket for president when I was researching out third party candidates. Got any links to share? I'll listen.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I've seen nothing about her at all and only found out by accident that she's on the green ticket for president when I was researching out third party candidates. Got any links to share? I'll listen.
No - you don't want to listen to her. She's a horrible embarassment to the Atlanta area. I really can't go on much about her 'cause it's not the topic of the thread, but if you elected Gary Coleman as President you'd probably have a much higher quality person in the Oval Office.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Greg: Somehow that snake reminded me of Mick Jagger too...some of his old photos...
I don't think Mick Jagger has that many teeth now...someone will have an Elvis sighting...I feel it.. Snakes are coming back into the environment just like every other critter...wonder if the coyotes eat them?

DNR guy told me a story a few years back...Federal program to stock rattlers in some areas of WV...by helicopter...He said he wanted it to be successful so they took them up about 2,000 ft...dumped them out of the bags...forgot to give them parachutes and none survived...was a shame, he said with a smile...
Wait a minute, DK. Snakes in parachutes? I'm trying to picture that. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia