Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 5,506 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone.
I recently accept an job offer in Tarrytown, NY. I am from old west and do not know much about NY. I wonder if moving is a right decision since I have really relaxed life here. I need help to find a town to live in Weschester county. I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment or townhouse with parking below $2000 per month. Need good public school for 2 elementry aged kids. Perefer a safe and quiet community. I am willing to commut up to 30min by car. Also, is New Jesersy area acorssing bridge a good place to choose? How bad is the traffic on the bridge?
Thank a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 05:16 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,371,883 times
Tarrytown itself is a really nice town with a nice downtown. I don't know how much the rents are but I'd guess they are expensive.

The traffic across the Tappan Zee can be pretty horrendous. I had to do that for a while and its not fun. I would reccomend against moving to Rockland, but thats just my opinion. Lots of people do the commute from Rockland to Westchester (houses/rent is much cheaper in rockland) and thus the insane rush hour traffic from people in Rockland traveling to Westchester.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,506 times
Smile Re:

Thanks a lot! I sitll have some questions. First, are there plenty of apartments for rent in tarrytown. I heard that there are not many apartments or rental properties available in certain towns. Second, could I find apartments in any nice town north to Tarrytown within 30 minuts drving? How about the traffic? Do a lot of people commut this way? I mean between Tarrytown to the north area. I have read about some posts suggesting towns like Yorktown height, pleasantville etc. But I wonder if they are the right place for renters and if they are good place for non-native English speakers?
Thanks again.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM

77 posts, read 415,112 times
Default Terrytown NY

I live in the SW also, and am interested in any info re living there. I thought Terrytown had 11k people? I wonder if anyone very old still lives there or if it is all transplants??
Please DM me if you get some info.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,371,883 times
What? You're Mexican? Just move to Sleepy Hollow, you'll fit right in with the barrio crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest View Post
Thanks a lot! I sitll have some questions. First, are there plenty of apartments for rent in tarrytown. I heard that there are not many apartments or rental properties available in certain towns. Second, could I find apartments in any nice town north to Tarrytown within 30 minuts drving? How about the traffic? Do a lot of people commut this way? I mean between Tarrytown to the north area. I have read about some posts suggesting towns like Yorktown height, pleasantville etc. But I wonder if they are the right place for renters and if they are good place for non-native English speakers?
Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County