Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 03:49 PM

532 posts, read 1,090,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
My curiousity is working overtime. Why are you coming for such a short time in January, of the worst months of the year here weatherwise, and pregnant? Tourist months here are from April through end of October, a bit of November. There is plenty of info on this WNC topic about the winter weather here. Asheville is a bit colder and gets more snow than Hendersonville, but we woke up to about 3" this morning. It looks wet and heavy, and it will either be gone by mid afternoon, or it will be ice.

(We do realize that folks come for job interviews* or visit around the holidays and just want a few things to do in a few days.)

*Jobs around here ?? not many.
Not that you asked me but, I love walking around without the tourists. Bless them and their money, but.....
Also, I can put on enough clothes to keep warm, but I can't take off enough to stay cool in the summer.

I also prefer winter hiking. Better views, no crowds, no bees, snakes, or bears. I hiked to Looking Glass Rock last week and it was beautiful. You know what that trail is like in the summer. I probably won't hike tomorrow though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 03:55 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Good choices; you're not pregnant, are you ? The OP is both pregnant and from Tejas which I interpreted as Texas and big time climate differentia.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:12 PM

532 posts, read 1,090,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Good choices; you're not pregnant, are you ? The OP is both pregnant and from Tejas which I interpreted as Texas and big time climate differentia.

Way too old!!

Old 09-20-2011, 02:23 AM

146 posts, read 437,370 times
So sorry I'm just now seeing your post. We had an awesome time. The weather was actually warmer than we anticipated. We travel this time of year to celebrate our anniversary. We like off-season travel because we can avoid tourist throngs. This was the case with Biltmore. Also, we both grew up in northern cities, (Chicago and Kansas City) so we are familiar with cold climates. We found a great apartment in Biltmore Village for our stay. Ate at Red Stag, not that good of an experience for me. We missed Early Girl Eatery, they closed early, but did have 12 bones. It was ok. Our best meals were at a noodle restaurant downtown and Corner Kitchen. Yum! We totally enjoyed NC, and due to a snow and ice storm in Dallas, we extended our stay by traveling south to Columbia and Charleston. Great time in The Carolinas.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:33 PM

1,160 posts, read 4,243,775 times
Dear Pink,
So nice of you to come back and post your experiences to us. I'm sorry the Red Stagg Grill in the Grand Bohemian was not a good experience for you. Historic Charleston is really nice, tho, so glad you went there.
GG

Old 09-20-2011, 05:50 PM

358 posts, read 982,593 times
12 Bones. That's all you need to know.

It's heaven in food form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina