Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 04:29 PM

126 posts, read 138,321 times

Advertisements

Hello again,

Does anyone use Sprint cell service in the Hendersonville area?

If so, do you recommend?

If not, who do you recommend?

Looks like the only Sprint store around is up by Biltmore Forest on 25. Is Sprint just not a popular choice around there?

We are getting the kids phones and need a new family plan and don't want to commit to Sprint if not good around there.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 05:03 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,535,268 times
Don't know about Sprint in H'ville, but in other parts of WNC Verizon seems to have just about the best coverage of anyone.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:46 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,474,140 times
The only cell service that is reliable around here seems to be Verizon. I'll be in the middle of nowhere with my verizon cell getting 4g while friends not on it can't even get a signal. It's rather unfortunate as Verizon seems to be the worst offender for high prices but until someone else starts offering similar coverage I won't change.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:45 PM

395 posts, read 463,217 times
We use Puretalk USA and have never had issues. I believe they use the AT&T towers.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:05 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
The only cell service that is reliable around here seems to be Verizon. I'll be in the middle of nowhere with my verizon cell getting 4g while friends not on it can't even get a signal. It's rather unfortunate as Verizon seems to be the worst offender for high prices but until someone else starts offering similar coverage I won't change.
Total Wireless uses Verizon's infrastructure and costs less than half the price.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback. It appears Verizon is the most popular down there and although more pricey, we will likely switch over to them before coming down. We want reliable service as we are adding kids to the plan.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:36 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde1 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. It appears Verizon is the most popular down there and although more pricey, we will likely switch over to them before coming down. We want reliable service as we are adding kids to the plan.
Verizon MVNOs prepaid monthly plans - updated - Prepaid Mobile Phone Reviews

Old 05-05-2017, 06:40 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,555,263 times
Quote:
Hello again,

Does anyone use Sprint cell service in the Hendersonville area?

If so, do you recommend?

If not, who do you recommend?

Looks like the only Sprint store around is up by Biltmore Forest on 25. Is Sprint just not a popular choice around there?

We are getting the kids phones and need a new family plan and don't want to commit to Sprint if not good around there.

Thanks!

I've had Sprint on my phones for several years now, never a problem. (Previously had Verizon, and it was very good coverage etc. also, but their taxes and fees etc. push that monthly fee up up up; and try to get service at a Verizon store ...if you have a few hours to waste.)

Last edited by QuilterChick; 05-05-2017 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-05-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I've had Sprint on my phones for several years now, never a problem. (Previously had Verizon, and it was very good coverage etc. also, but their taxes and fees etc. push that monthly fee up up up; and try to get service at a Verizon store ...if you have a few hours to waste.)
Thanks QC. So do you use a particular sprint store down there?

Funny my sprint store up here takes forever to get served also. its like the employees are in slow motion

Old 05-05-2017, 03:07 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,555,263 times
Quote:
Thanks QC. So do you use a particular sprint store down there?

Funny my sprint store up here takes forever to get served also. its like the employees are in slow motion

I bought my phone at Best Buy with Sprint as part of the 'deal'. Never had a problem. Maybe Google for Sprint stores in the area you want to live in ? Here is Sprint Customer Service number if this helps: 1-888-211-4727 Maybe Google for Spring locations ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina