Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 05:35 PM

212 posts, read 265,264 times

Advertisements

10 days was a big enough free information delay to cross a city off the list? Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 09:50 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evensen007 View Post
10 days was a big enough free information delay to cross a city off the list? Lol
It was actually 4 days from the date of their post.

C-D, while an excellent resource, isn't exactly the sole definitive source for relocation information.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:07 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,377,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I can understand that. It's hard to find info on the area and we weren't really able to give any input. If I was looking in another state and couldn't get the info I needed for the area, I'd probably strike it off my list, too.
I'd look for, and no doubt find, other sources of information first.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:14 AM

212 posts, read 265,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I'd look for, and no doubt find, other sources of information first.
That's true. I guess I just got a chuckle out of the thoughtful positive response from another poster above and then the news that it was too late just a few days after they asked for info.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:20 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,377,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evensen007 View Post
That's true. I guess I just got a chuckle out of the thoughtful positive response from another poster above and then the news that it was too late just a few days after they asked for info.
Oh me too! And I think its beyond silly to cross a city off your list because you didn't get a fast enough response from a small group of people on one internet site. I mean really?

Old 12-01-2017, 07:02 PM

4,171 posts, read 2,566,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Oh me too! And I think its beyond silly to cross a city off your list because you didn't get a fast enough response from a small group of people on one internet site. I mean really?
I agree. It seems like a cute town too. I guess people didn't jump fast enough, lol.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:13 PM

4 posts, read 8,876 times
C-D was not and is not my sole source of information, just fyi. Actually, this was the last source I was using as a resource from which to build my short list. I am working on a really tight timeline for this move and have been trying to narrow down a "final list" of homes we want to see this coming week. Altho I am aware that it may have seemed to others that I was hasty in my decision to eliminate Lenoir from my list, from my perspective since Lenoir was a last minute toss into the list based on my finding a cute house, 4 days was enough. If it was supposed to happen, the feedback I got or didn't get from all the various resources would have caused me to leave it on the list. Or take it off. I liked the looks of the town, but since I haven't been there, having some insider knowledge is helpful. I mean I've lived in Texas all of my 65 years and if you asked me about any town in which I haven't lived, I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about it. I am familiar with that area, having spent some time there, just not Lenoir.

The upshot is that we will be looking at houses in north central NC and south central VA in towns in which we have spent some time. I really do appreciate the feedback, however. Thank you all so much.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:45 PM

But why such a rush? A big life decision shouldn't be rushed. Responders have their own lives, and shouldn't be expected to be able to respond immediately to a post. Four days really isn't very long in the grand scheme of things especially with a slower lifestyle.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:08 PM

4 posts, read 8,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
But why such a rush? A big life decision shouldn't be rushed. Responders have their own lives, and shouldn't be expected to be able to respond immediately to a post. Four days really isn't very long in the grand scheme of things especially with a slower lifestyle.

It isn't such a rush. We have been working toward this move for almost 9 years. The house has sold, the money is there to do what we have been planning and this move is simply the final step in the process. Once one gets to the final step, they have to make the leap or stay frozen and never reach their goal.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajira View Post
It isn't such a rush. We have been working toward this move for almost 9 years. The house has sold, the money is there to do what we have been planning and this move is simply the final step in the process. Once one gets to the final step, they have to make the leap or stay frozen and never reach their goal.
I'm sorry, guess I misunderstood your other post. Best of luck in finding the perfect home .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina