Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 AM

165 posts, read 884,612 times

Advertisements

Excellent, could'nt remember the name, Doc Choy's, very excellent.
Betty & I dined there in Nov.
I think it was some other name and just became Doc Choy's in the past year or so?

Thanks for the other tips. If we ever sell our house in FL and get to move, I am keeping a list of all responses here so keep 'em coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 6,327 times
Default Cornery Kitchen & The Fiddlin' Pig??

Hi All!

We're getting married in October at Biltmore and I was wondering your opinions on two restaurants:

1. We are considering holding a "day after" brunch for our guests at the Corner Kitchen, and.....
2. We are thinking about holding our "welcome dinner" for the guests at the Fiddlin' Pig.

Any reviews of these places or suggestions for better alternatives??

Thanks from NJ!!

Old 05-26-2008, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,621 times
Default Apollo Flame

I have never had a bad meal at Apollo Flame Bistro near Biltmore Maul on Brevard Rd. and we eat there often. i cannot speak about the other Apollo Flame restaurants, but the one on Brevard Rd. is superb.

Across the road from Apollo Flam you will get a good seafood meal for your money at Harbor Inn.

In Waynesville, Bogart Restaurant on Main street will serve you one of the best steaks in the county. My wife always orders the grilled trout and has never been disappointed.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 AM

904 posts, read 2,874,715 times
How about cheap places to eat? You know, the kind with little or no atmosphere but great food at a low price. Anyone?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 AM

187 posts, read 1,023,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
How about cheap places to eat? You know, the kind with little or no atmosphere but great food at a low price. Anyone?

Five Points Diner on Broadway Avenue, just north of downtown. Tiny little greek diner with big portions and really cheap prices. Food is good, and the service is top-notch. Those gals really hustle. It is definitely one of the places the locals hang out. In the morning, it's pretty much all pickups and construction vehicles.

I will warn you - they may have the worst coffee in town, depending on the day. Reminds me of the stuff you get at work if you let it sit all morning in the pot. Other than that, there's not a whole lot to complain about.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 AM

165 posts, read 884,612 times
Poppy's in Weaverville.....

their Motto: Country cookin'...It'll make you good lookin'

Best breakfasts, local favorite...

Hav'nt tried for lunch or dinner...but reminds of a real home cookin' type place.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 AM

184 posts, read 676,671 times
Best breakfast:
Sunny Point (in West asheville on Haywood rd.)
Early Girl & Tupalo (ofcourse)
Clingman Ave. Cafe & Coffeehouse(best fast & affordable breakfast)

Very Best Lunch or Dinner:
Ali Baba(inside the grove arcade)
Mela-buffet is great & dinner is amazing!
Heiwa-combination boxes are the best
Wasabi
Limones(pricey but enjoyable)
Thai Basil
The Laughing Seed(the best vegetarian)

Super Affordable Great:
Mama Citas(insanely affordable)
12 Bones(ribs & southern sides on Lyman street)
Doc Cheys
Rosettas Kitchen(vegetarian)
Bella Pizza (on Patton Ave)

Also Pretty Good:
Modesto,Salsas,Green Tea(sushi) & Indian Garden

Greasy but Good:
Thai Cuisine Express
Asheville Pizza

Not Recommended At All:
Vincenzos(atleast in my experience),Mediteranean Restaurant,urban burrito

Best Coffee:
Green Sage(where beanstreets used to be),Clingman Coffeehouse,Malaprops(is ok),Dripolater, & Izzys
Worst Coffee:
Gourmet perks(avoid),Sisters Mcmullen(better for cupcakes)

Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 AM

76 posts, read 326,578 times
Default 12 Bones

12 Bones (did I only see one person mention this place???)

Zambras (the menu changes and the quality is great. Don't let the price fool you. If you get a couple of things and compare to another fancy restaurant, you'll find it to be very similar.)

Old 05-29-2008, 06:40 AM

904 posts, read 2,874,715 times
My husband recently went to 12 bones for lunch and said it was "just okay" said he didn't get all the hype.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:19 PM

70 posts, read 219,606 times
Oops...maybe you meant the NOODLE SHOP a few doors down from Doc Choys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed&Betty View Post
Excellent, could'nt remember the name, Doc Choy's, very excellent.
Betty & I dined there in Nov.
I think it was some other name and just became Doc Choy's in the past year or so?

Thanks for the other tips. If we ever sell our house in FL and get to move, I am keeping a list of all responses here so keep 'em coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina