Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,905 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I live close to Wilkesboro and Boone. I moved here in AUG 07 but deployed to Iraq from NOV 07 until DEC 09. So I have been here going on 9 months and have not met one single person let alone a friend. I am mid 30's female and married.
I would seriously like to have a few friends. I am in the prime of my life sitting at home with my dog lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,147,008 times
I don't live there, but you have to step out of your comfort box to meet people.

You can't always hang around the house with the husband or go out with him all the time.

You have to attend events, join clubs, be it excercise, movie, crafts, gardening, anything that interests you that meets regularly.

this is where you will find people who share your same interests, and then you can make friends.

What are u interested in?

Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,905 times
I have a motorcycle so I joined the Patriot Riders for fallen Soldiers but so far all of those events have been too far away. I would not mind joining some kind of group but I have not been able to find anything.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,147,008 times
Tami, if you havent found anything you arent looking hard enough.. their has to be more than one motorcycle club, what else do you like to do, and type it in google, for clubs in your area, or events or get togethers.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 AM

758 posts, read 2,288,909 times
Volunteer, TamiJo, wherever you are needed. Ask at the Boone/Wilkesboro area Visitor Center. Ask at local churches and other non-profits (Red Cross, United Way, YMCA, Christian outreach organizations, etc.). Check out the activities listed in local newspapers, schools, political organizations, veterans' services, hospitals. Remember, no one knows you're here, so they can't knock on your door. You have to approach them! Let them know that you're new to the community and would like to be involved in a meaningful way. And think about the flip side: there are people out there who might feel disconnected, too, and be plumb tickled to know you!

Jan

Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 PM

606 posts, read 1,980,911 times
Talking Do I smell a volunteer!?!?

Hey!!! Come out to the Casting Bread Food Pantry! I'd love to meet you! (Can you smell ulterior motive, boys and girls???) No, really! I really would like to meet you, no volunteering necessary! Take 321 towards Blowing Rock, when you pass Three Rivers Building Supply take the next left (Aho Rd.). Cross the bridge and we're the second driveway on the right. I'm there most days, off Friday, except for tomorrow. I'll be there after 2PM with a load from Second Harvest. Come on out! If you PM me, I'll give you my cell number. I don't bite, promise. If I do, you can tell the entire City-Data gang!

Hope to see you soon (and that goes for all y'all!),
Pastor Tracey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina