Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times

Advertisements

I saw this on the Williston North Dakota site. Some interesting information on the Impact the Oil Industry is having on Williston in comparison to other North Dakota Communities and Counties.

http://www.willistonnd.com/usrimages...priorities.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM

I never realized the total impact the Oil Industry was having on the Williston area. I just thought the stats were pretty interesting and very impressive!

Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,167,229 times
Some really good information in that report. It's astounding that sales tax receipts in Williston passed up both Bismarck and Fargo!

It would be interesting to see this same report for Williams County since much if not most of the activity is taking place outside city limits.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:05 PM

I think the majority of the infrastructure and building permits (and tax collections) are actually taking place in Williston. But there is no question the Ray-Tioga and Trenton area are having a huge impact on Williams county as well...no question about it!
By COUNTY according to the ND State Tax dept. Williams county had 920 million in taxable sales...Williston accounted for 720million of that, meaning 200 million from other Williams county towns. pretty incredible...Cass county had 753million...and Fargo the majority of the sales with 655million

info from this link: http://www.nd.gov/tax/salesanduse/pu...tat-report.pdf

I too would be curious what Williams counties total building permits would be...with Williston having 360million in building permits, I know there are several large projects going on in Trenton, Epping, Ray-Tioga as well. I'm sure the total numbers for Williams county are pretty huge considering they are building those 2 gas plants west of Williston (outside the city limits) adding on the Tioga's HESS, the new loading facilities in both Trenton and Epping!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:58 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Bismarck Tribune Article Traffic accidents double.......related to increased population.
Williston police say vehicle accidents on the rise

Old 10-19-2012, 01:25 AM

11 posts, read 25,244 times
it sucks for us locals living here all thier lifes, no matter how ya look at it/\

Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 PM

21 posts, read 44,257 times
Default Impact

Hey folks, I feel bad for you locals too.
My husband was up there last year, from Alabama
(Roll Tide!) and he mentioned how very dangerous the roads
were then(Oct-Dec2011) I come from a town that had only
one traffic light for twenty years and then exploded in development.
It was riddled with growing pains, construction, dirt, trucks,
but nothing like what you're going through.
My heart goes out to you. Williston will be a
nice place again in it's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston