Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 AM

145 posts, read 375,269 times

Advertisements

were these guns stolen from his home? if so, sounds a little fishy and like someone he knows even an acquaintance may have something to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 08:39 AM

12 posts, read 59,060 times
We filed a report and it is also posted on this form, but for some reason got placed under Classified ad go look. I also handed out copies to local cops and sheriff and pawn shops. Dreamhunter65 has an e-mailed copy of the list which is in .jpg format, I can also e-mail y7ou one if you like and get it circulatiang around. Some knwos the people we did this.

DAG

Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Yes, reported to police see gun list which was place in Classified Ad, by teh form. If you look it appears bad but if I double click it,it si nice and clear. If you like I will e-mail a copy to you. I don't use these type system and I don't see how to place a picture here.

Well maybe I just attached the picture of the list.
Attached Thumbnails
pawn shop firearm notice-32gun_roy111507r.jpg  

Old 12-08-2007, 06:49 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,527,219 times
Blurry so will try this myself for you..

Hopefully something comes out of this soon. With Christmas season this is the time these kind of thefts happen and may be sold privately,pawned or sold in a gun shop..

Friend of mine said in Wisconsin all gun shops (as he owns), pawn shops or any others that bring in guns for resale have to check the serial numbers on NCIC data base now by calling them in. Does everyone do this? Unsure but hope they would just looking at mall shooting and such this week.
I am pro gun and everyone should have right to keep and bear arms but if laws are not followed out there on sales then more of these school shootings and such will go on because someone does not want to turn in a friend or lose some business.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:27 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
Blurry so will try this myself for you..

Hopefully something comes out of this soon. With Christmas season this is the time these kind of thefts happen and may be sold privately,pawned or sold in a gun shop..

Friend of mine said in Wisconsin all gun shops (as he owns), pawn shops or any others that bring in guns for resale have to check the serial numbers on NCIC data base now by calling them in. Does everyone do this? Unsure but hope they would just looking at mall shooting and such this week.
I am pro gun and everyone should have right to keep and bear arms but if laws are not followed out there on sales then more of these school shootings and such will go on because someone does not want to turn in a friend or lose some business.
The NCIC check thingy is federal law, all licensed gun dealers have to do that, and pawn shops that buy and sell guns have to be licensed.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 PM

374 posts, read 982,884 times
Just curious, how did you have these weapons stored? What were the circumstances around the theft?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Default How? by Armed Burglary of a Home

Sorry, can not disclose how the weapons were stored, but the storage was in a private home. Three seperate burglaries June, July, and Sept. of 07

Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
That's a hell of an arsenal for a private home. Almost sounds like the perp knew they were there. Otherwise, someone just happened to stumble on a motherlode and probably still can't believe their luck.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 AM

2 posts, read 13,144 times
You should have invested in a gun safe, for the price of one gun, you would still have the rest of them.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 PM

Default Same in IL.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]It has been some time but one of the firearms was recoveredat the WI / IL border, it started with a speeding traffic stop and end with theindividual from AZ.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Becoming a felon forhaving one of pistols in his trunk.[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]We have recovered maybe 1/3 of the list originally posted [/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]The 50 cal rifle is known to be In Calif. Theparty that has it is trying to get a new bolt for it.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]They must have lost the original matched boltfor the rifle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: