Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 12:35 PM

512 posts, read 474,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
People do need to take control over their own lives as much as possible, but this post is so devoid of historical understanding and critical thinking, it's pretty much a stereotype of the (relatively) privileged white person who never had to walk in the shoes of other people.

"You have your Civil Rights now, so just snap out of it and become a Productive Citizen!"

If it were so easy, it would have been done by now.

One of the ironies, though, is that the white, working-class MAGA crowd has been "playing victim" in very similar ways. If the above line of reasoning were applied, then the MAGAs should stop blaming immigrants for their woes, stop blaming the liberals and the coastal elites for their problems, and should just get a job and become Productive Citizens in their abandoned and depopulating small towns, no matter what pitiful wage they may earn. And stop with the meth already.

Oh, and while they're at it, it would be nice if they wouldn't riot at the Capitol, commit mass shootings, and consume fake news..
You speak the truth as always! And "my people"? LOL, let me shut up before I get banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
No worries. Wisconsinites are welcoming. Bring your warmest clothes though. Darn will it ever warm up?
Depends greatly on where you are in WI.

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 05-08-2021 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 08:48 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,760,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
No one is blaming immigrants, we're a nation of immigrants and always have been.

The recent narrative of Asian Hate by white supremacists is a complete lie. This narrative is on the back burner now due to this lie being exposed thanks to video of these hate crimes. The perpetrators have not been white maga loving racists (no one seems to remember Jussie Smollett...lol).

It's a hard narrative lie to keep alive though; Asians are a large immigrant group and exceed all other groups in this country in terms of success, monetarily especially. That's due to the work ethic the Asian community brings to this country and, oh, their determination to get educated, especially their children.

Our country is being taken apart from within for its systemic racism, predatory white cops, on and on. Yet Asians continue to come here to escape the nightmares of some of their own countries, especially China. Now why would people want to leave their countries for ours, given the horrific oppression communities of color are experiencing? It's not logical.

As far as ''immigrants'', the issue is illegal, undocumented or however we're allowed to describe folks that enter illegally or over stay visa or whatever, and then have the gall to say that we are racist and our government is under fire for enforcing the rule of law. That's the issue yet of course the narrative flips.

As far as the white working class goes, be advised the entire working class in this country is pretty much toast; next up lower middle class.

You may want to check your stereotype list about drug use, and of course the myth of ''mass shootings''; remember, a mass shooting is an incident when at least 4 people are shot...check your elite cities crime blotter on these mass shootings...especially the city just to your south. Mass shootings are common.

Good luck, hope you know what the end result of this race as class divisiveness brings...for starters, ask a Chinese immigrant.
Exactly.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Let me add this; ever notice of the pattern of what gets reported in the news you will then see more of it? The reason we as a society don't publicize suicides, that in itself will cause more suicides.

The media could come out tomorrow and say the following: "Green eyed left handed drivers speed more than any other group" Then what happens is every AP service picks up and repeats the headline and or story from every small town in Montana to Sussex, England. Next, every time a green eyed left handed driver gets pulled over the media will throw in in the news as a "see! here's yet another instance of it..."

My point is in the obvious silly story above that whatever the media says is a trend will become a trend then every newsroom will then start to look for every little instance of said matter and put it on it's front page and then it get repeated all across the US.

Same can be said for school shootings, bank robberies, car jackings and people generally doing stupid things. If you can remember the fad in the 90's of people going out to 2 lane highways and laying on the double yellow lines as a sort of adrenaline rush, news reported it and all across the US people started doing it for fun.

I'm not saying there is zero racism towards Asians but there would be a lot less of it if the news stopped reporting on it. Let the police handle it and stop stoking each other against each other.

The media is the nations pot stirrer. The media is the guy at work who runs around and says "Did you hear what so and so said about you..." then runs back to the other person or group of people and says "did you hear what so and so said about you again..."

Go out and live your life and love everyone.

Peace,

PS: Stop watching the news, your mental health will thank me later.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:08 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
The Asians may have a legitimate beef. Ignorant people blame them for the ills of the societies they and their ancestors escaped. That is wrong.

Fortunately, the Asians are not responding with violence. They are continuing their engagement in the economy and society.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:33 PM

759 posts, read 3,145,145 times
My ex-husband was asian and we went to Wisconsin for a few trips (he'd never been), he was worried about "racism", but he couldn't get over how nice and friendly everyone was. He had a prostethic leg and people would ask him questions and wish him well. I would worry more about hate crimes in the cities.

Old 07-14-2021, 01:32 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Geez... you need to travel more.
Why don't you visit the University and see it for yourself?

I think you're a bit too obsessed about race. Perhaps your behavior triggers some of the "uncomfortable" feelings in others?
Yea. I been on this earth for 50 years. I haven’t never encountered one racist person towards Asians. The recent uptick by a few lowlifes, I’m clueless, By and large Asians are a highly respected group in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin