Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 07:41 AM

620 posts, read 1,839,001 times

Advertisements

Happy and blessed thanksgiving to all!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 11:09 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
Thanks Sue! Enjoy your turkey all! I have to get my fix of Steve Martin and John Candy now "Trains, Plains, and Automobiles. Hopefully someone is playing it today.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Josh

Old 11-27-2009, 05:55 PM

947 posts, read 2,423,918 times
Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving! I have a bulletin board in my office with pictures, maps and cuttings from brochures of our new property, Rusk county and the Chippewa river. I showed all my family, 22 for dinner yesterday. LOL. Wish I was in Wisconsin-naw, gotta enjoy the family while you can. Still, one day I will be here.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:12 PM

1,085 posts, read 3,568,079 times
Thanks all!

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we did. These are the times that are important in our lives, the Holidays. Memories are made, connections are strenthened, traditions passed on. For my family it is when we come together to give Thanks for the blessings we have received the previous twelve months...... and all the previous years. This year was a wonderful year, we were all healthy, no major crisis in our lives.

And Thanksgiving is also deer season in Wisconsin, so Thanksgiving week is an extended family holiday for us.

Life is good. Thank you Lord.

You have the right idea Jill, enjoy where you are, enjoy your family and hold them close. Wisconsin (and us) will be here for you tomorrow.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:38 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntr View Post
Thanks all!

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we did. These are the times that are important in our lives, the Holidays. Memories are made, connections are strenthened, traditions passed on. For my family it is when we come together to give Thanks for the blessings we have received the previous twelve months...... and all the previous years. This year was a wonderful year, we were all healthy, no major crisis in our lives.

And Thanksgiving is also deer season in Wisconsin, so Thanksgiving week is an extended family holiday for us.

Life is good. Thank you Lord.

You have the right idea Jill, enjoy where you are, enjoy your family and hold them close. Wisconsin (and us) will be here for you tomorrow.

Hntr, That was probably one of the best posts I've read on the forum here. You wrote that with such a way. I agree 110% with what you said.

To those who hunt who haven't got there deer yet, good luck to you.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:58 AM

7 posts, read 12,372 times
Does anyone else live in a WI tourist town? I live in Green Lake, which is the deepest natural lake in WI. After living here year round for 16 years, you really start to appreciate the Illinois people. It's a ghost time this time of year, and they at least provide you with a sense that you don't live in an unincorporated area. After you get through with the snowboarding, snowmobiling, and ice fishing, the winters get quite long. I'd rather just live here during the summer months for visitation of my old friends. How I'd love to get away from here for a while.

Wow I love to ramble...

Old 11-29-2009, 05:23 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Rambling is not a bad thing! Great post, Hunter, family/holidays, getting together, sharing memories very important.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I went to the UP, drove home earlier today through rain, then snow, got to Green Bay, totally dry.

The UP is going to have a slow season if they don't get snow soon, funny to see bare ground this close to December!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:09 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Standing in my kitchen making coffee (at some ungodly hour this morning), I could see Rib Mountain lit up. They must be making snow again. I think a lot of places are going to have a slow season this year, unless we get hammered with the white stuff later on. My son is chomping at the bit for ice fishing!

BTW: Good for WI law makers for finally passing a bill (96-0) to regulate dog breeders. This was one of few states that didn't regulate, and investigate possible puppy mills.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:26 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,568,079 times
Thank you Josh and Susan!!

Acausedelle, we live near a tourist town, but we enjoy the slow pace of the winter. Short lines at the checkout counters, less traffic, a peace and serenity returns to the town. We only notice the difference the at the beginning and end of summer, probably because everyone makes it a point to be here on those two holidays.

LOL, tet tea, I totally understand the "ungodly hour" comment. But you at least have a beautiful view of Rib Mountain to help you enjoy that first cup of coffee.

And yes, finally a law to regulate breeders, it's about time.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-04-2009, 05:53 AM

647 posts, read 1,664,040 times
Rib Mt was lit up like a xmas tree at 5:30 this morning. It a cool site when it's all dark ark and your driving by. All you see are the lights and a blizzard on the ski runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin