Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
My comments have to do with (how?) far (have) we have fallen as a society.

But that is most likely over your head.

This country is going down the toilet and not just due to the economy.

If you choose to accept that or live like that, that is your problem.

PS. the young lady is doing fine and figures his true colors came out and isn't someone she would want to work under. Especially as a first time teacher.
Of course your mindset and viewpoint are way over my head, learned Professor. I kowtow to your grand experience where worldly matters are concerned and humbly beg your forgiveness for having so frivolously responded to your post. Shame upon me.

Given the guidance proffered her by your esteemed self, I am sure that the young lady will not only have seen the true colors of the principal who interviewed her and accept him as a total blackguard but will now be well-armored and well-prepared where all future interviews are concerned. May she be successful in her quest. Thank you, seain dublin, for such well measured and erudite words. I am truly humbled. Darn it, my knees are muddied and my palms are scuffed. Yech!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 02:17 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,454 times
People already employed never realizes how it feels till their a-- is unemployed. Been there too many times.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:50 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
To not get back to all the candidates after you said you would?

It is rude and shortsighted, what happens if another position opens up down the road?.You have just left a bad taste in the mouths of those who interviewed.

How hard is it to send out one email and blind CC the other 9 people and just thank them for their time, good luck, and to apply again if something opens up.

That is how you do it.

The employer has the cards, thats why they dont care if they left a bad taste any where.

I have been to about 10 interviews in the past six months, and only one of them even bothered to thank me for coming in.

They really dont care. In this economy, and probably for the infinite future, the employer will have every card to play, and can treat interviewees like live stock, and the interviewee would still gladly come back for more if another job opened up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment