Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:17 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
Why would you apply for it in the first place? You'd just be leaching off the system. You don't like leaches do you? You don't like people who suck the government teet, do you?
No, leeching would be getting unemployment comp and then turning down jobs that don't pay enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
You don't make sense. You just quit a job and your bitching about people on unemployment that turn down a minimum wage job that pays less then unemployment benefits? Huh? OMG. Wake up America.
If I could get a minimum wage job, I would! I'm overqualified and I don't speak Spanish.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 AM

613 posts, read 960,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
If I could get a minimum wage job, I would! I'm overqualified and I don't speak Spanish.
Oh so since you will take a minimum wage job, all of the unemployed has to? Your attitude will come back to bite you tenfold.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:30 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,312,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
No, leeching would be getting unemployment comp and then turning down jobs that don't pay enough.
<facetious>Yeah, justify it however you want buddy. You're a would-be leacher. Good thing they denied you. I don't want to be carrying your u/e *$$ for the next year.</facetious>

How do you like that good-ole, TEXAS-styled conservatism thrown right back in your face?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:33 AM

409 posts, read 873,891 times
At my old job there was this guy who got laid off. He then came back to the company as a contractor. Soon it didn't matter what the topic of the conversation was. You could say, "Hey looks like its gonna rain", and within 10 seconds he would starting talking about how he was screwed, how his old boss and co-workers are idiots and he can not believe they still had their jobs while he was kicked out. He just smelled of bitterness and resentment. So when I finally got laid off myself, I turned down the opportunity to come back as a contractor because I was afraid I was going to turn into that guy.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Yes I'm bitter-I'm trying to get over it though...I moved to a different state for a new life and now I am laid off-so I enrolled in school and deciding if I should move back-but I try to understand that someone always has it worse...

Old 09-01-2010, 05:35 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Yes I'm bitter-I'm trying to get over it though...I moved to a different state for a new life and now I am laid off-so I enrolled in school and deciding if I should move back-but I try to understand that someone always has it worse...
Yeah, I'm bitter - and trying to fight it. I hear stories daily of how people have it worse off than me, which makes me feel bad for them.
However, I'm still living with what was done to me, fighting the bitterness daily, and trying to be thankful for what I DO have.

Also shopping for bargains (food, etc.) more. Not only do I NEED to save money, I LOVE to save it. (Thought I'd end this on a light note)

Old 09-01-2010, 05:43 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,257 times
Totally bitter and anti-corporate. I have also realized that I need to become my own boss or work as an independent contractor. Tried it when I was in real estate, but the recession ended that career path for me. I was the happiest and made the most money in my life. Every negative experience leads to the realization of something positive. Destruction of the old creates the new.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:44 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,257 times
One has to walk through the maze of trials and tribulations while holding the red thread of hope. The red thread of hope and hard work will lead you out of the maze of struggles.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM

201 posts, read 432,122 times
When you think there are thoes that have it worse than you, there is a limit to how bad things can be before you die. Once you are ok with that fact then you will not be bitter, the only issue I have is how painful that process will be towards the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment