Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:05 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,839,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Let me try this again because I know you are getting older. She felt that they may start looking at my arrival and just to make sure nothing would happen she changed the shift. No one brought my lateness to her attention she was just saying that it may be a possibility HR is looking so let me change your shift
TVSG, since you are "counselling" ex-cons, maybe it doesn't matter what time you get there, since some of these folks may be running on late time/limited time anyways. In the real counselling world, or any other professional environment you probably would not have been given a special dispensation to arrive at work an hour later just because of personal time management issues.

However, somehow you have managed to pull this off. Don't let it give you a false sense of security, and now maybe you'll have the cash to put into that savings plan, or purchase some more TVSG sports amenities (snacks, etc).

What are your plans for your raise? Please communicate that to us. If you don't have any ideas how to spend your raise, I am sure we can ably assist you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 04:12 AM

45,562 posts, read 60,834,968 times
Maybe he can sign up for the pension plan he was complaining about a few days ago. He said he would if he got a raise.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:20 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,719,897 times
Quote:
I had a mild aniexty attack because I was informed by my supervisor that the boss wanted to see me in the office. It feel like strange because all the times I been in a manager's office was because of a write up. But I was told that I have been doing a great job and they are impressed at my ideas and that a raise will be coming soon.

I couldn't even enmjoy the news right away because my heart was pounding so fast while I was in their I was unable to talk. So anyone had this situation?
Yes, for raises.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:46 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,736,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The majority of his "stalkers" as you so endearingly refer to them simply enjoy a little levity from time to time. How awful!
Not awful, just ironic.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:21 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,791,816 times
Quote:
She wanted to PREVENT IT from becoming a problem so since she likes me she changed my shift so i would no longer be considered late
This is the FIRST time in history that I have heard an EMPLOYER had to change the schedule of an employee so he would not be LATE !

Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,114,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
This is the FIRST time in history that I have heard an EMPLOYER had to change the schedule of an employee so he would not be LATE !

It's called having a good relationship with your supervisor

Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
She was afraid that HR would notice my lateness and would FORCE her to write me up. So she moved my start time back so that she wouldn't be in that situation.

UNDERSTAND????????????
Wow it * almost * sounds like you are sleeping with her ?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
Guys I have a conundrum at work. I was recently hired as a manager in a mid sized Philadelphia company. We have the one employee who is constantly late, and complains about everything. I'm pretty sure he wastes his shifts posting on internet message boards.

Anyhow, I called him in to fire him, and told him that it was time to part ways. He thinks that it was a compliment and keeps coming in to work. What do I do?
Does your employee have the name Sports in his name ?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Let me try this again because I know you are getting older. She felt that they may start looking at my arrival and just to make sure nothing would happen she changed the shift. No one brought my lateness to her attention she was just saying that it may be a possibility HR is looking so let me change your shift
"Nothing happens" : As in * Ala Fired *

But the MAIN reason you should never , ever , NEVER be LATE is because it affects your co-workers . ( This does not include employees with a true emergency like a flat tire , ect . ) Not the chronically habitually late employee...

Have you ever heard that people who are constantly late are very selfish people ?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
She wasn't sure and to be on the SAFE SIDE she changed my shift
She was not SURE ?? So being late 364 days out of the year is okay versus 365 ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment