Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:43 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times

Advertisements

One thing I never understood is why God would be preoccupied with finding someone a job, when there are far more important things to do, and he or she is not getting them done. I refer to preventing innocents from being blown up by bombs in the Middle East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 07:56 PM

8,952 posts, read 20,376,989 times
I think people in this Thread are beginning to bash praying to much. Absolutely nothing wrong with praying, but if you don't like it......tell the person "I'd don't want to hear that" instead of getting all pissed off and putting WTF (which people knows what that means) into a Thread.
This ladies parents obviously are just trying to help her and she also needs help with her language skills as well! What I'm wondering is why the parents are telling her to "pray for a job" if they know she is an Atheist???????

Old 10-14-2010, 08:18 PM

123 posts, read 380,493 times
I am a Christian and I do believe prayer works but I don't think you can just sit at home and be like lord send me a job, you have to be proactive. I know all of us in the forum have been proactive and I wish the thread starter and everyone the absolute best.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
One thing I never understood is why God would be preoccupied with finding someone a job, when there are far more important things to do, and he or she is not getting them done. I refer to preventing innocents from being blown up by bombs in the Middle East.
Today is your lucky day as I am almost certain I can explain this to you.

There probably is no god. There probably is no god to help people.

However, there are brainwashed people who believe in god and think it is normal to pray, confess their "sins" to a priest, eat the "body" and drink the "blood" of christ, pour acid in girls' faces, fly planes into buildings, set off bombs in crowded markets, and do other religulous acts.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:46 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
It's your right if you choose not to believe in God. However, if some people choose to believe in God and have their own experiences with prayer, that is their right as well. No one should mock the other, and vice versa.

To stay on topic, if the OP doesn't want to pray, no one can make that decision than him/her.

I have a feeling this thread may not last long....

Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Just tell them some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Please don't compare a fake psychic with God.
Many people consider "God" to be just as fake - if not more fake - than a psychic... so they have the right to compare, whether or not you like hearing it.

Quote:
You can't shove God down peoples throats but at the same time you can recognize someone who has that sparkle in their eyes because they do believe He exists
And there it is... that passive-aggressive attitude I'm so accustomed to hearing from Christians. You might not even mean to be offensive, but saying stuff like that is basically the same as "shoving it down someone's throat." It's like when somebody tells a gay person they don't hate them, but hate the sin they are committing and will pray for them. Uh, thanks but no thanks. I'm glad religion puts a sparkle in your eyes, but many people are capable of sparkling BRIGHT without a belief in your God.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Don't know how old you are, but you sure seem to have a hatred for God of which I sure glad that's your problem and not mine! But there is one thing for sure, a Pastor is employed!
Look, you are not making any points here. Not everybody feels the way you do and it is not about hate or not hate. Nobody is hating God. Somw people might not believe in God the way you do, so to them it is not that serious. Does that make sense?

Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 AM

23 posts, read 24,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Look, you are not making any points here. Not everybody feels the way you do and it is not about hate or not hate. Nobody is hating God. Somw people might not believe in God the way you do, so to them it is not that serious. Does that make sense?

Yeah, tell me about it.

Some of these folks take it personal when you don't believe in Jesus/God(?) like they do.

Not one person in this thread said they hated god. We did say we don't believe in the same things. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Stuck View Post
Yeah, tell me about it.

Some of these folks take it personal when you don't believe in Jesus/God(?) like they do.

Not one person in this thread said they hated god. We did say we don't believe in the same things. I don't see anything wrong with that.
There's an old saying about tattoos - "The difference between tattooed folks and non-tattooed folks, is that tattooed folks don't care if YOU have one or not." I think we can make a similar analogy to religion - "The only difference between Atheists and religious folks, is that Atheists don't care if you believe in God or not."

For some reason a lot of them actually DO think Atheists care, and that they/we spend hours of each day bashing & denigrating religion... so not true, and if you don't believe me try to find an Atheist-based rally somewhere. On the other hand, you can pretty much count on seeing some religious people protesting at Gay Pride. Although here in San Francisco, it's usually just this one skinny black guy (I swear, it's the same dude every year!) with a hand-written and misspelled paper sign. People just laugh or blow kisses as they pass him, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment