Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 PM

926 posts, read 1,256,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
Really? I'm not interested in what anyone has to say? I'd be interested if you guys had anything new to say, like how can I explain to the boss that I know who's stealing so maybe the company doesn't lose so much money? Or what are they even doing to stop it exactly?

What are you guys saying? Let's see:

The boss is stealing! I explained the boss is never there when it happens. You guys continue to say it's him.

How have you not been fired by now?!?! I go on about what we do with the money after leaving the cash register paying area, how the money's handled, etc. You guys go on about how I'm responsible and I should enter and take off my code and blah blah blah I already explained myself.

It's not theft. Your drawer is short. You gave too much change. For Christ's sake, just read my one initial thread on the missing $200.

So does anyone have anything new to say?

New to say? Yeah, how about, who cares!!!! Dollar General doesn't care about you. Why are you so pressed to save Dollar General? If you're stressed out at the Dollar store I really don't know where else you could work.

Stop worrying about it. Do your eight and hit the gate.

Geez. Who knew working a the dollar store would be so stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 10:34 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
If your cash register is short the company should deduct the amount from your pay. Right ?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:22 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,746 times
I'm not sure of the way this dollar store conducts its cash management, but I would leave ASAP. Given that management is possibly aware and is ignoring someone stealing money out of a register drawer, I'm under the impression that they may try to pin the blame on you. My sister went through this game at Target many years ago and almost went to jail for it; what happened was that the security manager and one of the 'team leads' tried to frame my sister for giving out gift cards to a coworker without charging her for it.

Personally, I would avoid cashier work unless you're in a unionized store. I've seen too many people get thrown under the bus for management stealing money and being blamed for the manager's actions or some other game they pull to get cashiers in trouble. Retail has a lot of crooked management.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 AM

640 posts, read 1,214,896 times
That's a common thing I guess. Steal money and blame someone else. But whoever does the hiring needs to start looking at criminal records and convictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment