Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM

653 posts, read 1,803,063 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: deleted

And I can say that many educated people would not have signed in these circumstances. I wouldn't have. Looks to me like those above would have walked sheepishly to the concentration camp.

This was not your fault. You are in a psychotic institution and you have to be careful to not get any on you. They know you got their (aberrant, hyperbolic) message, and that was their goal. I'm betting they won't come back and make you sign, but it sure didn't endear you (to these festering sociopaths).

You won't last long. Get out of there, and let them hire whatever unfortunate soul is desperate enough to go to work there. Save yourself and do your best to forget them.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 08-15-2012 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: removed personal remark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 AM

629 posts, read 1,234,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Moderator cut: deleted

And I can say that many educated people would not have signed in these circumstances. I wouldn't have. Looks to me like those above would have walked sheepishly to the concentration camp.

This was not your fault. You are in a psychotic institution and you have to be careful to not get any on you. They know you got their (aberrant, hyperbolic) message, and that was their goal. I'm betting they won't come back and make you sign, but it sure didn't endear you (to these festering sociopaths).

You won't last long. Get out of there, and let them hire whatever unfortunate soul is desperate enough to go to work there. Save yourself and do your best to forget them.
My thoughts exactly. I got the feeling I need a personality shift to thrive here. Not gonna happen. My wife loves the man I am so I must be doing something right. I just wish I read the first part of your post before it was modded.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
On your next job think about not texting, calling or visiting with your wife during business hours, that in itself will cure a few of the issues you have been having at work.

After that, I would ask specifically who is held accountable for a step in the process not being completed properly; ie: is the entire shift held responsible or just the person who was supposed to perform said task?

Business needs to be kept business and personal needs to be kept personal and out of the work place at all times unless there is a serious emergency and you need to leave to personally attend to that issue. Otherwise stay off the phone and keep your wife out of your work place.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Ok HOW are future employers going to know you were written up?

VERY few employers will give any information other than confirming employment dates.

YES, I do know of which I speak.
You answer yourself, they ask, and if its documented, most employers don't have a problem telling the truth.
and the If's and fews, show that your statements and those of others arent complete. A write up, doesn't automatically fall off, unless there is company policy to state that. The company handbook will detail out if, and when, if ever they disappear. And if an ex employer chooses to tell someone you had three write ups in your tenure as an employee with their company, they are well within their rights to do so. By pissing off that HR person or supervisor, one can make it so easily happen. An employee's record is that, and when you sign off on the new application stating they can do a background ck on you, you give them, and the old company the right to discuss anything that is documented. sorry, ya don't.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
You answer yourself, they ask, and if its documented, most employers don't have a problem telling the truth.
and the If's and fews, show that your statements and those of others aren't complete. A write up, doesn't automatically fall off, unless there is company policy to state that. The company handbook will detail out if, and when, if ever they disappear. And if an ex employer chooses to tell someone you had three write ups in your tenure as an employee with their company, they are well within their rights to do so. By pissing off that HR person or supervisor, one can make it so easily happen. An employee's record is that, and when you sign off on the new application stating they can do a background ck on you, you give them, and the old company the right to discuss anything that is documented. sorry, ya don't.
The ifs and the fews? that doesn't even make sense ... CAN I walk out my front door and get hit by a piece of space junk? YEAH sure ... CAN I be elected president? Again sure, and I wouldn't have any of the Birth Certificate problems Obama had.

YOU would be very hard pressed to find more than a couple employers that would say anything other than confirming employment, I have talked with MANY people that handle this stuff and they all say basically the same thing, their legal advisers told them to do nothing more than confirm employment and duties.

CAN they "legally" tell the new employer you don't like to bathe during football season? SURE they can, BUT, if done to a very unhappy ex-employee, plan on a legal battle.

Write-ups dropping off or not is irrelevant for any company but the one that did them.

In MY case, there is NOTHING a previous employer can say about me I wouldn't want a prospective employer to find out, I have even used business associates as references, both parties even confirmed conversations.

ALL this is why having a good interviewer in charge of that area is a very good thing.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
They DO fall off. They become a part of your permanent record, however once the time has passed they are no longer able to be used in the disciplinary action. If you are written up on 8-14 for tardiness and told the write up falls off after 6 months, if you are late on 12-2 then you have 2 write ups for tardiness. If you are late on 3-4, it will be counted as the first.
if by "Falling -Off" you mean they will ignore the violation because they impose a sunset date on using that writeup for further action, yes it will fall off in that scenerio. However, that does not mean it will always dissapear, and that non dissapearance is where the employee can be harmed the most. Someone is looking to promote a person from within. They grab the personnel file and buried deep within is the writeups. True the self imposed sunset date has come and gone, but unless the physical write up is removed from the files, it's accessible. new management comes in and starts revewing the files of the employees, that write up appears int he file. Although it has long since been forgotten, its new and fresh in the minds of the new management.

This is why evey emplyee should read their employee manual or company policies and procedures tio see if it states thatt he writeups will be removed from the files. Also if it says you havew the right to reveiew your file, I striongly recommend people do that so they see exactly what is in it.

As for dosclosing info, more and more companies are now more willing to disclose negative items about a former emplyee since the court said that so long as its truth and documented, the company is protected. This is also on the heels of companies dicovering that they can now sue former employees for things they say online about the comopany if its false.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
The ifs and the fews? that doesn't even make sense ... CAN I walk out my front door and get hit by a piece of space junk? YEAH sure ... CAN I be elected president? Again sure, and I wouldn't have any of the Birth Certificate problems Obama had.

YOU would be very hard pressed to find more than a couple employers that would say anything other than confirming employment, I have talked with MANY people that handle this stuff and they all say basically the same thing, their legal advisers told them to do nothing more than confirm employment and duties.

CAN they "legally" tell the new employer you don't like to bathe during football season? SURE they can, BUT, if done to a very unhappy ex-employee, plan on a legal battle.

Write-ups dropping off or not is irrelevant for any company but the one that did them.

In MY case, there is NOTHING a previous employer can say about me I wouldn't want a prospective employer to find out, I have even used business associates as references, both parties even confirmed conversations.

ALL this is why having a good interviewer in charge of that area is a very good thing.
This is usually the norm from my experience. Let's just hope they're not complete umm butts and act reasonable if given the opportunity. Just because they CAN doesn't mean they WILL. Unless it was something serious that the manager feels they have an obligation to tell other employers, I don't think I have to worry to much about it.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
This is usually the norm from my experience. Let's just hope they're not complete umm butts and act reasonable if given the opportunity. Just because they CAN doesn't mean they WILL. Unless it was something serious that the manager feels they have an obligation to tell other employers, I don't think I have to worry to much about it.
If you know how to read people, you can find out more about a person during an hour long "conversation" than all the references and testing could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment