Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
The personality tests are total bunk. However, they are pretty easy to fudge. Just anwser the questions the way an extreme extrovert, optimist, workaholic, who loves challenges, is very trusting of others, and sensitive would. Companies really hate extroverts. HR has profiled them as antisocial misfits who can't communicate or work on a team.
I think you meant to say, "Companies really hate introverts."

I haven't had to take many of them but I will do that from here on out. I'll imagine the most annoying, obnoxious cheerleader valley girl type I've ever known and answer like they would. I might even do a hair flip while I'm filling out the app just to really get in to character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 03:05 PM

167 posts, read 304,095 times
If you are total unemployed for over a year that just Because many time you just want the old job or all the perks you us to have,We been in that place ,Up take ANY job PT what every you can get, You sell blood if need be ,Live with friends/family (we slept on the floor for 6 months) ! But job are out their NOT always what you had or may want it is hard for a 50 ish person but can be done , I know homeless family Man and woman they begging and bring home about 75.00 to 100.00 a day! Live in a shelter or in good weather camp out ? FS/Etc they made it over 2 yr now they got jobs at local fast food midnight and does better, again not what they wanted but they made it.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savingmore1 View Post
If you are total unemployed for over a year that just Because many time you just want the old job or all the perks you us to have,We been in that place ,Up take ANY job PT what every you can get, You sell blood if need be ,Live with friends/family (we slept on the floor for 6 months) ! But job are out their NOT always what you had or may want it is hard for a 50 ish person but can be done , I know homeless family Man and woman they begging and bring home about 75.00 to 100.00 a day! Live in a shelter or in good weather camp out ? FS/Etc they made it over 2 yr now they got jobs at local fast food midnight and does better, again not what they wanted but they made it.
I'm sorry, what did you just say?

Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm sorry, what did you just say?

The poster said if anyone is unemployed for a year they should take a crappy part-time job

Old 05-09-2013, 05:10 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times
savingmore1 is a person of integrity obviously and has struggled and known others that have struggled and have made it through.

I have 3 part time jobs, not one of them would I consider "crappy". Gutting fish part time would be more crappy. I am paid quite well for my work. These part time jobs have trained and refined my skills far more than any full time job I ever had. In fact, in retrospect, I now realize that the full time jobs in the past were actually the crappy ones.

Part time does not equate to crappy, and full time does not equate to wonderful.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
If I had 3 part-time jobs I would be quiet about it because it means I have no time to myself and struggling to survive.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,410,115 times
Alot of us are victims of the cruel hiring processes companies are using.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,726 times
They receive some kind of government handout. Were all paying for them.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
They receive some kind of government handout. Were all paying for them.
Not all unemployed people receive government hand outs.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
In 2008 when I turned 58, the real estate industry colapsed and I lost not only my job but my profession as a Real Estate Title Examiner. The following years I ran out of unemployment and my savings, I even went back to school yet no one would hire me due to my age. In 2011 I finally got a PRN job as a patient sitter and was told this was a "portal job" to full time work, I still have this crappy job and have applied and done all the right things, I'm very computer literate and up to date. I've been told point blank by 2 shift supervisors that it is age discrimination but impossible to prove, the only "oldies" at the hospital had already been there for years. Finally last month I gave up and applied for SS at 62 rather than waiting until 66, I had no choice in order to pay my bills and put food on the table.

There is a huge resource of experienced workers who've aged out and no one will hire them. Now with SS I can at least look at part time work and have a steady income...still no health care though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment