Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 10:11 PM

16 posts, read 26,743 times

Advertisements

i'm a US citizen but i have grown up in england, i am going to university here soon, and i will probably study business administration, but i might do something else, i don't know, but i am only doing a degree as a back up plan if i fail at selling real estate, is that good?

i was thinking about becoming and working as a realtor in the Atlanta area, is that wise? i heard that it is really hard in CA because there are so many realtors there

but i heard the economy in and around atlanta is really bad, so yeh, i would love to work in and around atlanta, but i would really love to hear any suggestions you have, as i am open to anywhere

and please try to be specific by stating where in the state

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,400,267 times
If you have to ask an anonymous Internet forum, I'd say focus on that degree.

As an aside, your keyboard should have a little arrow key on the left hand side. This key serves a purpose.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:47 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
From what I understand it is much easier to get a real estate license than it is to be successful selling real estate. In the housing bubble loads of people went out and go their licenses and many have since left the profession when they realized it was not actually all that easy. I think it would be tough anywhere right now while the housing market is still recovering. I would also think that moving anywhere you don't know for the express purpose of selling real estate is probably not a wise plan. Clients look to their realtors for local expertise as well as real estate expertise. Is this a safe neighborhood? How are the schools there? Is that area prone to sinkholes? What would the commute be like to downtown? Someone just moving into the area has a pretty steep learning curve and just about everywhere there will be established competition.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 09-02-2013 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: fix typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment