Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 09:12 PM

85 posts, read 473,447 times

Advertisements

Recently i went to staffing agency to get job and they hooked me up with job in 2 days.

It wasn't exactly kind of job i wanted but i was like whatever as i am in desperate need of work.

As i started researching online about company and this position , it seemed like everyone hates this job..

Even when i was interviewed , i was told that they never end any one contract, people quit themselves.

It seemed like they are desperate to hire me. I still made up my mind to take this job. I recently did the

paper work and work doesn't start until first week of july. I feel like i have already started to hate this job

before even it started. Yesterday, i learned that one of company that i was always interested in is looking

to hire people and i know someone who works there. So person i know told me that once this new

company receives my application, they probably will call me for interview. The reason i like this new

company is that its matches my work profile, and they are very flexible ( i am student).

So i plan to ditch staffing agency if i were to get offer from new company. Pay wise staffing agency is

good. But school is # 1 for me so flexiblity is must, staffing agency doesn't provide me that. Only reason

i was ready to take staffing agency job because i couldn't find work. And anyways i was planning to quit it

before schools starts. I feel bad doing all this, my recruiter worked hard to get me job and obviously

expecting me to stay. but i can't. What should i say to this staffing agency if i get other job??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 09:39 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
ugh, just tell them that you reconsidered the offer and decided to take another job. Don't have to tell them where if you dont' want to, but they will ask anyways.

Why is this a problem anyways? job offers aren't exactly legally binding that you have to work there, at most you pay back any relocation/expenses, but that's about it

Old 06-22-2015, 09:48 PM

436 posts, read 1,348,382 times
I'm a recruiter. If someone we hired changed his mind, I'd be disappointed but I'd get over it. It happens. Better to tell them now than after you start.

And don't take a job just to have a job or where they are desperate for you. If you can swing it, make school the priority and take the job that allows for that.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 PM

8 posts, read 24,475 times
I totally agree with lizziebeth. They will be disappointed but they will get over it. And it's better to take the job that fits your current lifestyle. Especially when you are trying to continue your education. I use to feel bad until I worked in a HR Talent Acquisitions office. I realized those kind of situations happen quite often and you have to do whats best for you. Otherwise, you'll start it and regret it. Good luck at whichever position you choose :-) Having the choice is the real blessing in my book. Take care!

Old 06-22-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziebeth View Post
I'm a recruiter. If someone we hired changed his mind, I'd be disappointed but I'd get over it. It happens. Better to tell them now than after you start.

And don't take a job just to have a job or where they are desperate for you. If you can swing it, make school the priority and take the job that allows for that.
Thank you, my recruiter sure would be disappointed as he went above and beyond to get me this position. i.e he called to review interview questions, help with those question, called me before my interview to make sure i was there and prepared. Its bit unusual behavior to me for recruiter but may be he was doing it for his commission.

Anyways, i am still waiting on new company to call me for interview, hopefully they offer me position me position and before july.

Other poster said i will have pay for expenses if i chose to leave like this.. What kinds of expenses????

And what would i say to staffing agency???

Old 06-22-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonneda View Post
I totally agree with lizziebeth. They will be disappointed but they will get over it. And it's better to take the job that fits your current lifestyle. Especially when you are trying to continue your education. I use to feel bad until I worked in a HR Talent Acquisitions office. I realized those kind of situations happen quite often and you have to do whats best for you. Otherwise, you'll start it and regret it. Good luck at whichever position you choose :-) Having the choice is the real blessing in my book. Take care!
Thank you, i hope i get call from that other company for interview this week. I have never been to such situation where i dropped out before job started. I remember last time when i left job my manager was disappointed in me to the point that he ignored me when i saw him in person after years. Some people hold on to things for long time. So i just feel bad and want to avoid it. But at the same time i have to think about myself. School is really important for me. I guess i will just have to face this and let them know.

I appreciate your view on this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment