Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 01:21 PM

32 posts, read 38,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
Honestly OP, unless you want to be unemployed again, realize that first of all, you have to work your way up the pole and second of all you're acting like a spoiled brat.
I disagree. I have been nothing but respectful and kind to this woman. While she has been rude and condescending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 02:33 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siena27 View Post
I disagree. I have been nothing but respectful and kind to this woman. While she has been rude and condescending.
yo i have this job i don’t like now and my empoloyer expects more from me but i am blessed at my age or in general to even have a job. i been working a lot of jobs and this one i just started and hate it for reals! but since so many folks are out there looking for YOUR job you hate.. just quit or suck it up because its life. the world does not revolve around you. also to add people have given u suggestions on 7 pages and u still haven’t gotten the answer u want you keep arguing.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
yo i have this job i don’t like now and my empoloyer expects more from me but i am blessed at my age or in general to even have a job. i been working a lot of jobs and this one i just started and hate it for reals! but since so many folks are out there looking for YOUR job you hate.. just quit or suck it up because its life. the world does not revolve around you. also to add people have given u suggestions on 7 pages and u still haven’t gotten the answer u want you keep arguing.
What????

Old 03-31-2016, 02:41 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
Quote:
It's been long enough to know for me.
I take it you left another job? Why? If you're on friendly terms, can you go back?

Old 03-31-2016, 02:45 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,528 times
Quote:
What????
in general.. many people are looking for work. and you give the idea you don’t like the replies you received. most people say quit or quit acting like the world owes you something. i made the point I’m working a job i hate to but i don’t complain.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:59 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
No she won't cover that day. She's a nasty person.
Did you even ask her? Although given the fact that you hate her guts, and I'm sure let it be known to her, I wouldn't cover for you either.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Did you even ask her? Although given the fact that you hate her guts, and I'm sure let it be known to her, I wouldn't cover for you either.
I did ask. She said no. Like I said for the 20th time I'm always nice to her

Old 03-31-2016, 03:28 PM

57 posts, read 50,988 times
Quote:
I thought it would be too soon to request a day off. I wanted to wait. It's ok - I'm hoping to be out of here within a few weeks.
Was she supposed to read your mind? I had to ask for a day off that was 12 weeks after my start date, it was my college graduation. On the very first day I approached my boss and she told me "of course you can take that day!"

Old 03-31-2016, 03:34 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times
Quote:
Don´t worry, fortunately I have a solution for you: resign and then give me the chance to work there even for half of your salary, no, I´ll go even further, for a house and food. I have never worked as a secretary but I don´t mind, I will learn. Welcome to capitalism.

You wouldn't work at this job for just a house and food, nor for half of the salary, so please stop with this!

OP: This is just the way the world is. I worked every Xmas and Turkey day for like 10 years after I turned 18, you just gotta deal with it. You a month in and wanting choice of days off? C'mon man!

Old 03-31-2016, 04:10 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,468 times
Look for a new job. I have been in your shoes more than once. I worked with one who never said a kind word to me. Other than "Morning" (because saying "Good morning was just too much effort apparently) I was never spoken to. Any training for me took place away from the engineers vision and was rushed and haphazard. Then she would go behind my back and say I couldn.t catch on.
She was threatened by my intelligence and presence and I knew it from day #1.
But she walked on water in everyone's eyes. You need to get outta there.
When I quit the boss said she couldn't believe I lasted as long as I did and I was one of many beforehand who also hit the road.
I landed a job I like a lot now and thank my lucky stars because I was where you are now. But I did get a bit of revenge on her before I left. Keep looking for the "right fit". These awful administrative assistant jobs are plentiful out there so beware!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment