Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 08:41 AM

83 posts, read 64,902 times

Advertisements

I started applying yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 09:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,315,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecauseISaidSo View Post
My friend told me my position has been posted. My friend sent me a link to the job posting last night.
That doesn't always mean they're going to replace you but in this particular instance...yes, I do believe they are planning to fire you.

Dust off your resume. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:08 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,071,953 times
Quote:
I started applying yesterday.
OP,

If I may. I think you handled this quite poorly. For things to escalate so quickly over this issue is a bit perplexing. It seems as though that you want them to fire you. Self-fulfilling prophecy. There's a quite bit of inference on your part. The age difference, car pooling with your husband and so on.

No employer likes someone who's a drama queen, especially off the bat. You sure as heck are not leaving yourself with decent exit opportunities.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:15 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Thank you for all the helpful advice. Well today is a complete s**t show. Today was one of the days she asked for me to get here a little early. I had told her I didn't think I would be able to but I did try and then today there was a tractor trailer accident and I was 30 minutes late. I called her from the highway and let her know.

Then I came in today and she gave me a funny look and went into the HR director office and closed the door. I knew immediately she went in there to complain about me. When she came out I just got straight forward and asked her if she had any feedback on how things were going. She said she wasn't happy about how I told her I could not come in early and how she didn't know I had other commitments and carpooled with my husband, because I didn't bring it up in my interview. What the hell does me carpooling have to do with my job?!! Oh right - nothing. She just doesn't like that I won't be at her beck and call before and after hours. She also said "you don't seem happy" - I have never indicated that except here!! So I ended the conversation with "what are we doing moving forward?" She said she wasn't sure and had a lot to do. We will talk later in the week.

Mind you I have done everything this woman has asked of me - short of coming in early. She has been impossible to please. I'm pleasant to everyone and my attendance has been on point.
So she gave you notice, and yet you were not only NOT EARLY, but you were late. 30 minutes late. Which might have been overlooked, if you had bent a little on coming in early or staying late. But you're playing the hard line, so expect them to. It sounds like your job is one that needs someone manning the desk and phones. So if you're not there, it doesn't get done.

Personally, if I were a manager with a 1-month employee, I'd suspect passive aggressive behavior.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:16 AM

The age difference? I only brought that up here. And it shouldn't matter if I take my husband to work or not. I have always been on time. I have been treated very poorly. I have not done anything wrong im my opinion. This job was presented to me in a different light in my interview then what has gone on. I could be a jerk and just quit and then they will be left with no coverage. Maybe I should have done that after finding out last night they posted my job.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
It's not that far. I have always commuted at least 30 minutes. I'm about 20 miles away but traffic here is killer. How I get to work or who I carpool with is not their business as long as I'm on time - which I have been.
Except that one time. How many other times have you been a few minutes late because of traffic?

Old 05-25-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
It was this week this time. I wasn't making a big deal - she was. I couldn't do it this week. I guess she's deciding that my "no I can't this week" means I'm not a good fit. This isn't the only issue. She's s complete micromanager. She comes looking for me if I get up to use the restroom.
I'd guess that too. You've only been there a month, and you can't be flexible for a week of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Except that one time. How many other times have you been a few minutes late because of traffic?
Zero. There was a tractor trailer breakdown in the middle of the highway yesterday. I even took photos to offer if asked.

35,102 posts, read 31,367,047 times
Quote:
I'm still working and I'm not worried about putting them on spot. I really don't care what they think at this point. I'm not going to quit until I find another job or they terminate me. I'm hoping they do it sooner then later.

And I did not have any choice words for anyone. I have been as nice as can be..
You're handling this all wrong. If you want to leave immediately, resign immediately. If you want to leave on decent terms, put in a two weeks. If you want to move on and look for other work, do so discreetly.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'd guess that too. You've only been there a month, and you can't be flexible for a week of it.
No this week I couldn't. Now if it's decided I'm not flexible because I said no this time and I'm being judged based on that - it's their problem. I don't belong here. I get watched if I use the restroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment