Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 11:42 AM

19 posts, read 80,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Never mind - you are gaming the system.

Being forced to pay back lost wages?
I'm going to ignore all the negative comments in this thread and look for advice from people who actually want to help rather than play detective with my posts. Everything I described that I'm feeling in this first post is true and I'm not even going to entertain a silly argument about it, think what you want.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:54 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,146,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
This is a hipaa issue. I'd advise to limit your public statements which these are as this could result in investigation into your disability claim.
HIPAA does not apply here. this person can reveal whatever they want about their health.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:54 AM

118 posts, read 181,190 times
Is it possible to see a Psychiatrist? Hopefully you have a PPO where you can call one directly. If in a HMO find a doc who will refer you.

I have a relative that had a similar issue to yours and for a few years, couldn't work and ended up on SSDI. But with medication and therapy overcame and is now in a full time job. During that time she had to ignore judgmental people and doctors who thought she was lazy etc. until she found a good psychiatrist and counselor.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:55 AM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidrose View Post
I had a car accident last October and I've been out of work since. I've been getting money from my insurance company since. It's considered "lost wages" and they'll send a check every month covering what I missed from work. I also collected short term disability.

My doctor finally cleared me to go back to work, but I've done a lot of thinking over the past half year and realized life is too short to **** away at a job I hate. Could I be forced to pay the lost wages back if I don't return to work? Would I face any consequences for resigning from my job without going back?
You either need to get back to work or quit collecting money you are not entitled to.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohardin View Post
Is it possible to see a Psychiatrist? Hopefully you have a PPO where you can call one directly. If in a HMO find a doc who will refer you.

I have a relative that had a similar issue to yours and for a few years, couldn't work and ended up on SSDI. But with medication and therapy overcame and is now in a full time job. During that time she had to ignore judgmental people and doctors who thought she was lazy etc. until she found a good psychiatrist and counselor.
Yeah, I'm really used to people at this point saying nasty stuff about being lazy so I just kind of ignore it. If someone followed me around with a camera all day they'd see I literally can't even do basic things sometimes and just sit on the couch and try to catch my breath for an hour straight because I'm freaking out about nothing, I'm sure I'd be a huge asset in an office, lol. It's so hard finding the right medication. I've taken various stuff for the past few years but none of it helps that much.

The person I'm seeing is actually a Psychiatrist. I'm wondering if I should ask to see someone else, but like I said before I'm scared all the doctors will just stick together and trust her judgment because they all work for the same hospital. It's hard for me to see a different doctor because my insurance is really weird and this is the only place that takes it.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You either need to get back to work or quit collecting money you are not entitled to.
Maybe that sounds bad out of context, but you're literally ignoring everything I said in this thread. Just because I have a question about insurance doesn't invalidate legitimate medical problems. From here on out I won't be replying to any nasty comments about the other thread, though. Like I said before, you can either say something helpful or keep your judgment to yourself.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:04 PM

38 posts, read 31,049 times
Quote:
She's not a sole practitioner, she works for a rather large hospital organization. Would they really do anything though? I thought about it but I'm pretty sure they would just side with her anyway, maybe I'm being paranoid
Believe it or not, you CAN demand a new doctor....They would rather you go through them with a complaint then go online and complain and tell others your experience with this doctor.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalWageEarner View Post
Believe it or not, you CAN demand a new doctor....They would rather you go through them with a complaint then go online and complain and tell others your experience with this doctor.
For some stupid reason I'm really nervous about doing it though. I know for a fact there's other doctors with her speciality. In fact in the beginning I tried to see one of them because they had more positive reviews, but I got assigned to this person. I'm so scared to ask though. I don't know why, I just feel like they'd get mad at me.

Also I don't understand if I should ask for a new doctor right away, or not until after the next appointment if it goes badly? I always envision things going really bad and I have these stupid scenarios in my head where the worst possible thing will happen. For all I know, I'll explain to her how bad I feel and she'll be understanding and helpful.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:31 PM

38 posts, read 31,049 times
Quote:
For some stupid reason I'm really nervous about doing it though. I know for a fact there's other doctors with her speciality. In fact in the beginning I tried to see one of them because they had more positive reviews, but I got assigned to this person. I'm so scared to ask though. I don't know why, I just feel like they'd get mad at me.

Also I don't understand if I should ask for a new doctor right away, or not until after the next appointment if it goes badly? I always envision things going really bad and I have these stupid scenarios in my head where the worst possible thing will happen. For all I know, I'll explain to her how bad I feel and she'll be understanding and helpful.
Well, first don't get mad, second DEMAND a "Second Opinion" and say "I want this as I feel I am NOT being treated accordingly as I should be"

Then also include that you may contact the "Inspector General" This can cause hospitals to absolutely go bonkers as those people crawl up the anal cavity of all hospitals when they do an inspection....

Old 05-26-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalWageEarner View Post
Well, first don't get mad, second DEMAND a "Second Opinion" and say "I want this as I feel I am NOT being treated accordingly as I should be"

Then also include that you may contact the "Inspector General" This can cause hospitals to absolutely go bonkers as those people crawl up the anal cavity of all hospitals when they do an inspection....
Thanks, I'll definitely remember this. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if I have to I'll ask for a second opinion. In fact I should probably get one anyways, because my anxiety has been horrible and the medication really isn't working well at all, and I'm starting to question if this doctor really is best for me anyway. Thanks for actually providing real advice instead of posting nosy comments like a lot of the other people here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment