Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 06:49 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

In an interesting predicament. Currently 6 months into a new position. Make very good money. Interesting work in city I really like. However, my boss is absolutely horrible. So much so that I have been looking for an exit the past few weeks.

Received a verbal offer exactly one week ago from a company. New manager asked me to forward my name and a few personal details (dob, currently salary, resume, date I would like to start) so that a formal offer could be made. I sent the information a couple of hours later. Didn't receive a reply or confirmation, so I decided to resend the information a couple of days later. The manager never responded to either email.

Well, today marks 5 business days since I received the offer I am starting to get a bit worried. I have had companies in the past go completely silent in the middle of an interview process. Actually happened a few weeks ago. Had a very well know tech company just go completely silent after 3 interviews.

The manager that made the offer did tell me that onboarding process would take a few weeks. However, I was expecting an offer letter right around this time.

Wandering if you all could give a little advice on when would be the best time to follow-up with another email.

Do you think it would be too much to reach out to the manager at the end of this week or should I just not even worry about it?

To the point now where I loathe going to work everyday. I am interviewing for multiple positions, but it could be at least two or three more weeks before I get to a final interview.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Last edited by usamathman; 10-19-2016 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
The ball is in their court. My advice is to continue interviewing since no written offer letter = no offer.
The HM is probably running into approval issues, or he's out sick, or they're swamped, or they may be rethinking the req itself. Who knows.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:10 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Yep. Reached out by email today for an update.. No response. Sad how we americans treat each other.

The search continues.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:58 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
New manager asked me to forward my name and a few personal details (dob, currently salary, resume, date I would like to start) so that a formal offer could be made.
You were asked for this information AFTER an offer? Including your name?? You didn't send a resume in order to get an interview in the first place or have to fill out an application as part of the process? Did you even have an in person interview?

Sorry but this is sounding like a scam to me. Did you also have to give your social security number as part of your personal details? I'd be checking my credit report.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:59 PM

Location: Gold Country, California. A little over an hour from Reno
25 posts, read 16,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Hi everyone,

In an interesting predicament. Currently 6 months into a new position. Make very good money. Interesting work in city I really like. However, my boss is absolutely horrible. So much so that I have been looking for an exit the past few weeks.

Received a verbal offer exactly one week ago from a company. New manager asked me to forward my name and a few personal details (dob, currently salary, resume, date I would like to start) so that a formal offer could be made. I sent the information a couple of hours later. Didn't receive a reply or confirmation, so I decided to resend the information a couple of days later. The manager never responded to either email.

Well, today marks 5 business days since I received the offer I am starting to get a bit worried. I have had companies in the past go completely silent in the middle of an interview process. Actually happened a few weeks ago. Had a very well know tech company just go completely silent after 3 interviews.

The manager that made the offer did tell me that onboarding process would take a few weeks. However, I was expecting an offer letter right around this time.

Wandering if you all could give a little advice on when would be the best time to follow-up with another email.

Do you think it would be too much to reach out to the manager at the end of this week or should I just not even worry about it?

To the point now where I loathe going to work everyday. I am interviewing for multiple positions, but it could be at least two or three more weeks before I get to a final interview.

Any advice would be fantastic.
Unless a personal emergency arose which this person hasn't been into work, which is unlikely, I'd assume there is no offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment