Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 12:14 PM

792 posts, read 1,177,112 times

Advertisements

Apparently you didn't search the forums for Bullying.
I learned a long time ago to document things. It saved my job.
Your documentation takes precedence over anything the Bully says.
Also, there is no law against bullying in the workplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 12:46 PM

29,520 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Hr

Old 03-08-2017, 03:50 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,030,232 times
People that bully are total losers & most likely have depressing lives & few friends. When they bully it makes them feel all tough. Bully=harassment.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:25 PM

509 posts, read 485,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want to learn View Post
Your harsh comments are similar to online bullying! Did you use to work with me and know all the facts?
I suspect this comment was a stab at humor, but I'm not always good at reading tones of voice in text (sometimes there really is a place on earth for emoticons). The humor did get stabbed, but I think the second sentence is the giveaway.

If I'm wrong, then my second guess is trolling.

If I'm wrong again and down to my last strike, I'll take it at face value, but if that's the case...well, er...gosh.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:38 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
People that bully are total losers & most likely have depressing lives & few friends. When they bully it makes them feel all tough. Bully=harassment.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
it does appear as if OP is retired now. Probably best for him and his former co-workers.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/retir...etirement.html

As emm74 has pointed out, the OP is retired and is reflecting on his previous career -- which, according to another of his posts, included working for more than one company. So his problem apparently spanned several bosses and co-workers. I'd suggest that he concentrate on trying to enjoy his retirement and not focus on the past, especially since he seems to be the overly-sensitive type.

Last edited by TFW46; 03-08-2017 at 06:23 PM..

Old 03-08-2017, 06:52 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
It sounds like it was an extremely unprofessional work environment. What type of industry was this? The fact that they would ignore a certified letter from an attorney tells me they have a lot of nerve.

For the future: I would document everything, write every thing down, dates, times, any witnesses, etc. Keep track of any "bullying" emails that are sent your way, print them out and keep them as documentation.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:54 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Just because someone does not tell you what you wish to hear does not mean they are a bully. ?
That all depends on what they tell you. If they make fun of your ethnicity, for example, that is bullying.

And since none of us worked with this person, we don't know what he was told or what he experienced on the job. But it does sound like there was in fact, some harassment going on.

The OP states his/her career field was one that there is a lot of competition for jobs, I'm guessing law or real estate.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
That all depends on what they tell you. If they make fun of your ethnicity, for example, that is bullying.

And since none of us worked with this person, we don't know what he was told or what he experienced on the job. But it does sound like there was in fact, some harassment going on.

The OP states his/her career field was one that there is a lot of competition for jobs, I'm guessing law or real estate.
Please read what I posted again. If it is unclear please PM me and I will try to explain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Just because someone does not tell you what you wish to hear does not mean they are a bully.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:25 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
Stand up, look them in the eye and growl back at them. What else do you do with a bully?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment