Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 02:25 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times

Advertisements

I started drinking coffee very late in life - my 50's and only drink my own - I guess I've overheard people all my life talk about terrible coffee out of the coffee machine or office coffee pot. I do like hot tea...

For a few years it was said young adults were exclusively drinking soda for breakfast rather than coffee but maybe that was just Pepsi/Coke advertising. Now I think more young adults (and everyone else) are drinking "fancy" coffee drinks from Starbucks etc.

Not sure how any of this impacts office life - it's not like people are socializing at the water cooler or office breakroom, are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 04:45 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,916 times
I don't drink coffee. It's a large office so I'm sure I can't be the only one who doesn't.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:49 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
I only occasionally drink coffee if it is iced.

Even when I was in vegas, for like 60 hours... I got Starbucks Iced. It was "okay" I was too caught up in the event I was at. Which seemed important to me at the time........

Hot coffee is just too hot.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:51 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I started drinking coffee very late in life - my 50's and only drink my own - I guess I've overheard people all my life talk about terrible coffee out of the coffee machine or office coffee pot. I do like hot tea...

For a few years it was said young adults were exclusively drinking soda for breakfast rather than coffee but maybe that was just Pepsi/Coke advertising. Now I think more young adults (and everyone else) are drinking "fancy" coffee drinks from Starbucks etc.

Not sure how any of this impacts office life - it's not like people are socializing at the water cooler or office breakroom, are they?

They have to stay awake on their liquid crack, people get downright addicted to that coffee water!

Old 11-15-2018, 06:18 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
Can't stand the stuff. I never kept track in the office. I would say 2/3 of my friends drink coffee.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Enough that they installed two brand new, automatic coffee machines, complete with touch screen, in our building. Medium roast, dark roast, decaf... then another menu it can make cappuccino, mocha, vanilla coffees, and finally an option to dispense the super-hot water for brewing your own tea.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:53 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
I mainly drink energy drinks, sometimes coffee, but I have a bizarre reaction to coffee about half of the time. It makes me crushingly tired, whereas energy drinks elevate my mood and make me feel really energized. There is some other active ingredient in coffee, which nobody has ever been able to explain to me, besides just caffeine that must cause this reaction. I wish I knew more about biology or science to understand it, because it perplexes me. Caffeine isn't just caffeine, caffeine pills make me feel energized and keep me awake, caffeine in energy drinks really helps, and those are both higher doses than coffee (I only drink very high caffeine energy drinks), but coffee sometimes makes me so tired I need an immediate nap after drinking it. That's exactly the opposite reason why I'd ever want coffee, so I don't rely on it when I need to power through work (like tonight). I have heard it suggested that coffee dehydrates you more, but I counter that with water usually, so I'm not sure I buy that as the only reason. Perhaps I have some mild allergy to coffee beans themselves, or some other bizarre explanation?!

I did see this hilarious thing my GF sent me yesterday. Here goes:

"Me: If you drink this coffee you're gonna get jittery and anxious and you're gonna feel sick later.
My brain: good bean juice taste like chocolate make me go fast"

lol so random, but made me chuckle.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:00 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
I don't have a clue.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:24 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
I never drank coffee or tea and I've never had a job where people could drink either at their desks or workplaces. Since I never have taken coffee breaks or gone into break rooms at work, I don't know whether my co-workers drank those things or not. It's always been a non-issue with me. But I wonder how much money I've saved over the years, compared to the typical coffee addict?

Old 11-16-2018, 05:16 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
There's only 3 of us where I work and I'm the only non coffee drinker. I'm a hot tea person and just never enjoyed the taste of coffee although it smells wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment