Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 06:35 AM

5 posts, read 1,923 times

Advertisements

there's a lot of opportunities now. you can be a Virtual Assistant.It is one of the in demand online jobs today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 12:43 PM

12,780 posts, read 15,001,003 times
If you live in the state of CALIFORNIA though, you'll have an extremely tough time finding WAH work since the labor laws are different from other states.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:14 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
This is an old thread but it would be nice if I could find decent work from home jobs since I am an introvert and I am trying to move out of state.
I can't do jobs like a call center because being on the phone with customers consistently would be too stressful for me particularly when I sometimes have a difficult time processing verbal speech and I just don't like talking on the phone. I think I could do phone surveys sometimes but having phone calls be my only task would be stressful. I don't drive (which is another reason why work from home is good for me).
I already do surveys, mturk and am signed up for a few mystery shop companies. They often have the same companies so I don't think I could do them more than once. Another site I do used to be a little better but now there's hardly any opportunities..the tasks I do I often get booted out due to not following their guidelines after making no more than a few dollars. They also take a while to pay. I do Shopkick and Microwork. Microwork has hardly anything. Shopkick I don't get as much as I should because I forget to do the receipts or I don't feel like doing them because so many times I upload the receipt and it's not good enough when they review it. I am doing an app where I can get some pocket change for quizzes. I often call myself a human radio dial because I am good at figuring out artists and what song it is but I could never compete on Shazam because those people are just too fast. The problem is the app doesn't always give you money when you solve the quizzes and you get ads a lot otherwise I would obviously be rich answering who and what it is from the clip.

Pinecone sounded okay but I wasn't qualified to do it.

None of the things I do add up to enough even as a supplement to my PT job. I am signed up to a focus group company or two. I am either working or my mom is working or I don't qualify. My mom has done Instacart but now there's hardly anything. I tried to get her to do the other delivery companies but the apps never work. They keep coming up with an error so you can't even sign up. The dog walking apps didn't work out either.

I hear you can get money doing food tasting but I don't know how. You can also make money sending out your stools (it's gross but they say it's for medical research) but you have to live in a certain area for that.

I wouldn't mind making money reviewing music since I obviously love music. I can't find much there. Music X Ray very rarely sends you and only pays in gift cards. Slice of Pie is awful.

I've tried selling a bit of my junk but no one wants it..I guess because well it's junk. I did try selling the magazine rack I got from Amazon. I have never used it. I guess I am charging too much but it is difficult to make much of a profit when you have to charge for the shipping. Let Go is flaky. I've sold exactly 2 things for only a few bucks. I responded to potential buyers and they won't reply back. I won't do yard sales anymore. We listed a set of my mom's books on Facebook and got nothing. I tried selling her stuff on Craigslist in the past. The only things that I'm sure I would be able to sell is stuff I would want to keep but I feel like selling my whole room including the computer I am typing on now and things that have sentimental value because I'm not getting anywhere with the stuff I don't want/can use.

I think I could be a virtual assistant but I can't find any companies that would hire me on that. I could definitely help customers through online chat as I'm a pretty good typist. However I tried to get data entry jobs and the recruiter said my Excel score was too low as well as data entry. The accuracy was good but the speed was low. I don't know how you find a balance. I guess she said I could take it again but I don't know if I can do any better.
I am thinking about posing as a patient because I just found out you can make money doing that but the opportunities are rare in my area. If I did it for John Hopkins would it be worth the fuel required to get there? Plus again I can only do it when my mom's not working since I don't drive.

I don't know. I feel like I have tried everything and I am so overwhelmed sifting through stuff that wouldn't work for me. I just signed up for an online juror site. I haven't been sure if I was able to judge that sort of thing. I even opted out of jury duty a while back claiming disability but maybe online will be easier because I can take my time reviewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
If you live in the state of CALIFORNIA though, you'll have an extremely tough time finding WAH work since the labor laws are different from other states.
Well that's even more discouraging since that's where I'm trying to move to.

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-01-2019 at 01:22 PM..

Old 10-01-2019, 01:20 PM

12,780 posts, read 15,001,003 times
^ Yeah, it's definitely bleak out there!

Anyone know a way to make $100/day w/o working a 7-8+ hour shift?

Old 10-02-2019, 07:06 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Linsey-good for you girl!!
I see that UTAH is also going to mandatory 4 day work weeks! Now, that would be nice in every state!
Utah is going to a 4-day workweek - Careers - MSNBC.com
Unfortunately only for state employees.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:09 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,730,901 times
I work from home about 25 hours per week total with a few different marketing companies (as a contractor for each) and I make a full-time salary doing it. Granted, I've been doing this for over 10 years now and I've worked hard at it, so now I'm to the point where I can pick and choose what types of assignments I will accept. If you have skills like graphic design, copywriting, SEO, etc., that's something to consider looking into.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:33 PM
ERH

1,701 posts, read 2,532,679 times
Google Amy Porterfield, Jeanine Blackwell, etc. and see if an online course is something you can build.

Old 10-02-2019, 03:37 PM

9,870 posts, read 7,743,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
For all of you interested in mkg money from home, I already got the moderator Marka's permission to post this since you expressed interest. In this economy, no one's financially safe. I've found out about a PHENOMENAL way that involves NO selling, NO bugging of friends/relatives, & you can make money relatively quickly & be set FOR LIFE! A couple of relatives & I were continuously searching for ways to make LEGITIMATE money from home w/o having to bug friends, relatives, & coworkers. We've tried a TON of things in our day. But, I've found something that will literally blow your minds!

This is NOT a company or a job nor is this something to make a little extra money a month. This is financial freedom money! If you're interested, please set aside an hour to view the following website & I promise you this will be the best hour you've ever spent! Please forward this site to as many friends, relatives, coworkers, & neighbors you know who could greatly benefit from this wonderful opportunity.

PM me & I'll gladly PM you the website!

Hope to hear from you soon!
So how did this go? Is this something you're still doing? Can you let us know now what it was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment