Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

I was scheduled to get my last check on jan 30th and for some reason I didn't get and been trying to get it since friday. it's now the 4th of feb and I had my manager call and then was told that I won't get that check until feb 13th. She also told me to call the HR person since she left her number and today I called at 10am and left a message and have not heard back from her yet. It's now 3pm and been calling every hour since 10am and nothing but the voicemail. So does this woman think if she avoids me long enough that the problem will go away? She doesn't have the brain to know that after a while I will be in her office after numerous attempts by phone? I just don't get why some people don't go out of their way to help you when it's a paycheck issue since you need to pay rent and bills. I actually don't expect her to call back at all today but I will be at her office tomorrow morning if I don't hear anything by 5pm.

Please don't respond with

she can be in meetings
she can be very busy
she may not be in the office

because we are know those reasons are highly unlikely. My rent for feb has not been paid yet because I needed that januar 30th check and I'm furious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
HR exists outside space/time and I suspect those employed in HR have fallen prey to body snatchers.

eta: can you speak with someone else? HR at my co is huge and I'll just insist to stay on hold until I can speak with someone that will solve my problem.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
HR exists outside space/time and I suspect those employed in HR have fallen prey to body snatchers.

eta: can you speak with someone else? HR at my co is huge and I'll just insist to stay on hold until I can speak with someone that will solve my problem.

Looks like I will have to show up at the office tomorrow unexpectedly to get faster service. People take you more seriously when you are in their face instead of over the phone.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:26 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,766 times
Simple answer, they're lazy and they hate their job. They don't want to put forth any extra effort to help anyone out. Your manager should also be able to get things done if you can't on your own. If your manager can't, their manager can.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Simple answer, they're lazy and they hate their job. They don't want to put forth any extra effort to help anyone out. Your manager should also be able to get things done if you can't on your own. If your manager can't, their manager can.

It just seems to me that she would want to address the issue quickly so it can be resolved because avoiding it will not make it disappear because i will become more agressive.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:47 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,719,194 times
She doesn't have 'the Super Bowl was last night' excuse.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:23 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times
Why? Because most people in HR are good at dodging/lying/leading you on.

They must offer them a course in their education. "How to lie to your fellow employees."

The last one I worked with was a prime example. I think most of them are too busy socializing, taking classes and attending seminars to actually do any real work.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 AM

244 posts, read 718,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

So true!

TVguy,

Does the company you work for have a corporate headquarters? I know where I work sometimes the lady in payroll really tries to accomplish things, only to have corporate HR sleep on it. How very frustrating. I hope you get to the bottom of it

Last edited by Resilientsmile; 02-05-2009 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment