Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Pampered Chef is a good gig for some people.
They have some high quality products for reasonable prices.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:57 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
The United States Government.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
I've sold a few things in the past through home party plans. I was a rubber stamping demonstrator for a few years and that was fun but I got tired of hauling around so much stuff! I've also sold Pampered Chef and that was okay but there are a lot of consultants in my area. Years ago I sold for a company similar to Home Interiors and really enjoyed that. I've been looking online for companies that I might be interested in selling for. Do any of you have any suggestions???? Thanks!
I would start home parties for men. Beer brewing parties, golf club parties etc... It would give me an excuse to buy something when I go.

My wife always says " you have to buy something". Time for men to have that excuse.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:54 PM

86 posts, read 295,242 times
I'm surprised there are still Tupperware parties these days. You can buy those disposable storage containers for like $2 for 6 of them. You can lose them and not have to worry about who's potluck you forgot it at.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:13 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
I've sold a few things in the past through home party plans. I was a rubber stamping demonstrator for a few years and that was fun but I got tired of hauling around so much stuff! I've also sold Pampered Chef and that was okay but there are a lot of consultants in my area. Years ago I sold for a company similar to Home Interiors and really enjoyed that. I've been looking online for companies that I might be interested in selling for. Do any of you have any suggestions???? Thanks!
Sex Toy parties are the best money maker of any of this stuff. The stuff has huge markups but still relatively cheap and women buy alot of stuff at these parties.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 AM

242 posts, read 534,082 times
Willow House

Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
My rule is none of this crap!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:15 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
In this day and age and with the economy, I can't imagine anyone being interested in having a home party and people showing up to buy items they can buy on-line.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 AM

3 posts, read 23,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
OP I just sent you a direct message.

I put myself through college doing direct sales. I used to be a district manager for Jafra cosmetics. I still have an account open and just service my clients (who have been buying from me for the past 13 years )

I have been with Celebrating Home (formerly Home and Garden Party) for the past 3 years and mostly do parties in my home.
I think you really have to look at the commission structure. Go for the one with the most commission but also look at shipping (both for yourself and customers) how much and who pays for hostess gifts and supplies.
I sold for Tupper for about 18 months and though I love their products, most of my customers did not like to buy plastic items (even though Tupper is not plastic!!)So I continue with Celebrating Home which is a company with no debt. Also, Tupper's commission is only 25%.
A good website I frequent is Work from Home Forum - WAHM.com
You can go there and check out the many diff.companies.
Good luck in your decision.
If you like Celebrating Home you will really like Biltmore Inspirations a grand floor opportunity to work with Biltmore (the Vanderbilt's Estate in NC) selling their exclusive home decor, wine accessories and chef selected foods! Check out my link for more information: kkornak@nc.rr.com
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 AM

3 posts, read 23,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Okay, I'll bite...

So, what is direct sales?

Does this mean that you go around to people's homes or get your co-workers to buy your products?

or

do you sell to businesses, like home depot?

thanks!
Direct sales is just that, you sell face to face directly to your customers. This can be done either by going to homes and having product parties. Having an internet page to sell your products online, at school or other events, at work or just by leaving your catalogue around. Most direct sales are not intended to be sold on ebay or to larger corporations. That would be more of a B2B = business to business model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment