Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 849 times

Advertisements

Thank You..thank you...thank you everybody for such encouraging words....I am in tears. Having a tough time at work with this individual and I got this job after a lot of struggle. I did not know how to deal with her. But now thanks to all of you, I am prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 09:40 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,633 times
When I have these kind of people, generally I will try and kill them with kindness. If that does not work then I often get in their face and tell their asses of that I don't appreciate being bossed around. I have better luck by being assertive, but not nasty about it and throwing it back in their faces. Sometimes I want to crawl into a hole and say F U world and be done with it.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:35 PM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
You're right, there's always one, and I believe it's definitely because they feel threatened by you in some way. You have no use for this person. Avoid, avoid, avoid, build a wall around yourself that they cannot penetrate.

#1 Rule - Be completely professional with this person, but not at all "friendly". You CANNOT "kill with kindness" in this situation. This person will take anything you say or reveal about yourself or your personal life and try to use it against you. If she tries to talk to you about anyone else in your work shared work environment, ignore that as well.

#2 Rule - Don't complain to anyone about her or mention that she is getting to you. Be patient. Before too long, you will find that other's have a problem with her as well. In other words, it's not you, it's her. I've got over 35 years of work experience under my belt, it never fails that if I start a new job and someone rubs me the wrong way, it's not too long before I find out other's are aware of it too. Often these types dig their own grave.

#3 - Be competent and friendly to the other people in the office (in a professional, of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment