Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:22 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,992,260 times

Advertisements

1. Bagel Day

I like eating Bagels just like anyone else but because where I sit, I get asked at least 5 times if the Bagels are downstairs yet? Or if they are late, I get asked why they are late?

HOW SHOULD I KNOW!? I DONT GET THE F'N BAGELS! NOR DO I SEAT ON THE SAME LEVEL WHERE THEY PUT THE BAGELS!

2. Lunchroom TV

Thank god they do not air The Peoples Court anymore. Its like watching my work on TV during lunch. How awesome does that sound!? Now they watch Deal or No Deal. How about you put the F'n news on so I can see what is going on in the world instead of numbing my brain some more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,717,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I will sign up for the grammar rodeo when you find a job
High Five baby!!!! You are really quite funny. Gypsy baby is trolling you like never before.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:15 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
1. Bagel Day

I like eating Bagels just like anyone else but because where I sit, I get asked at least 5 times if the Bagels are downstairs yet? Or if they are late, I get asked why they are late?

HOW SHOULD I KNOW!? I DONT GET THE F'N BAGELS! NOR DO I SEAT ON THE SAME LEVEL WHERE THEY PUT THE BAGELS!

2. Lunchroom TV

Thank god they do not air The Peoples Court anymore. Its like watching my work on TV during lunch. How awesome does that sound!? Now they watch Deal or No Deal. How about you put the F'n news on so I can see what is going on in the world instead of numbing my brain some more!
I'd actually prefer to eat my lunch in silence or chatting with coworkers. When the TV is on, I'd find myself watching it and my lunch flies faster and I never really savor it. Can't stand that noisy, obnoxious little box and never watch it at home. I remember sitting in the lunch room one day with another coworker who had similar sentiments so the TV was off. Another person came in, turned the TV ON, grab something outta the fridge then left. We were like, why did she even BOTHER turning on the TV? Seems some folks can't even function without that thing blaring! Arrgghhh

Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,717,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'd actually prefer to eat my lunch in silence or chatting with coworkers. When the TV is on, I'd find myself watching it and my lunch flies faster and I never really savor it. Can't stand that noisy, obnoxious little box and never watch it at home. I remember sitting in the lunch room one day with another coworker who had similar sentiments so the TV was off. Another person came in, turned the TV ON, grab something outta the fridge then left. We were like, why did she even BOTHER turning on the TV? Seems some folks can't even function without that thing blaring! Arrgghhh

it is nice to chat with co workers. You learn a lot about co workers that you totally never knew. A couple of weeks ago I learned that one of the woman that works in the bakery has an advanced degree in Chemistry and I had no idea. Today a woman that I thought was some sort of ...well I don't know is a gourmet cook What a pleasure to learn these things

Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 PM

687 posts, read 1,122,776 times
Lunch is sitting in our hospital lobby with five or six other soap opera followers watching Days of our lives while people in wheelchairs, walkers, cans and barely walking pass by. I stopped being able to eat so now I just drink my slimfast watching the clock till I go back to the mad house called my job. It is any wonder I called in sick four times this week.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
Lunch is sitting in our hospital lobby with five or six other soap opera followers watching Days of our lives while people in wheelchairs, walkers, cans and barely walking pass by. I stopped being able to eat so now I just drink my slimfast watching the clock till I go back to the mad house called my job. It is any wonder I called in sick four times this week.
Oh yeah ... The soap opera crowd. Fortunately, I was able to schedule my lunch time so that I was outta the lunch room before Days of Our Lives came on.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:18 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,094,280 times
Listening to other people type on a keyboard, especially those who bang away really really fast and loud.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:12 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,142,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Listening to other people type on a keyboard, especially those who bang away really really fast and loud.
That just goes along with being in a office. How else are they supposed to type? That's a noise you have to TUNE out

Old 04-03-2010, 08:14 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,065,700 times
I'm surprised no one mentioned these, but

1) Smelly lunches: The smell of Salmon travels...and lingers.

2) An overloaded shredder: Is it too much to ask to change the bag?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:17 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,094,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That just goes along with being in a office. How else are they supposed to type? That's a noise you have to TUNE out
True, but some people type excessively loud-there is no reason to "punch" the keys. People who type "angrily".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment