Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 03:02 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Yes I know I have seen this on American shows, for example on one occasion when watching Americas next top model a contestant on there said she was mixed race and Tyra banks said she was black and how dare she denounce her black heritage. I thought that was quite stuck up and racist in itself because if it was on the other side all hell would break loose.

Very arrogant. Idk black Americans annoy me with their behaviour it's time to move on.
As a Black American myself I get annoyed with it too but don't say things like "it's time to move on". Racial discrimination is still something we deal with in this country so it isn't possible yet to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 03:04 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
There is almost 400 years of history in the US where blacks were made to feel just that. Racial attitude run very deep in the US especially as it concerns blacks. In the movie Malcolm X, there is a scene that many blacks have played out in real life where they grab a dictionary and compare the definitions of black and white. White says things like "Having the color of purity; free from spot or blemish, or from guilt or pollution; innocent; pure. Opposite of black. Black says things like; " Dismal, gloomy, or forbidding, like darkness; destitute of moral light or goodness; atrociously wicked; cruel; mournful; calamitous; horrible. Opposite of white.. As definitions of shades, this is meaningless but when these words with these definitions included are applied to human beings, it has a long lasting psychological effect, especially when combined with systematic discrimination and persecution.
Yes I know and I think it has came over here aswell because we can't say anything to black people. Always offended.

I want to goto uni in England but not sure because it is so uptight there and I am not used to that. I think I will offend a lot of people there!! Not racist in England it's just far too politically correct. I have quite moderate opinion especially on the eu and immigration, it would not go down well.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:07 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,764 times
If you read up on the Cornell University DNA study I believe there is a mention of a woman they studied skin color and the equator. Those living closest to the equator had darker skin tones than those further from the equator.
In addition to that we all came from East Africa but those that moved and spread out to the north and east had a reduction in melanin which gives skin its color. This process took many thousands of years . It is really a very interesting topic and I believe you might enjoy it.
Careful on who you tell we all came from East Africa because the bigots go absolutely nuts which gives me great enjoyment even though I am white lol. Does this make me a bad person ?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:08 PM

89 posts, read 200,969 times
Quote:
There is almost 400 years of history in the US where blacks were made to feel just that. Racial attitude run very deep in the US especially as it concerns blacks. In the movie Malcolm X, there is a scene that many blacks have played out in real life where they grab a dictionary and compare the definitions of black and white. White says things like "Having the color of purity; free from spot or blemish, or from guilt or pollution; innocent; pure. Opposite of black. Black says things like; " Dismal, gloomy, or forbidding, like darkness; destitute of moral light or goodness; atrociously wicked; cruel; mournful; calamitous; horrible. Opposite of white.. As definitions of shades, this is meaningless but when these words with these definitions included are applied to human beings, it has a long lasting psychological effect, especially when combined with systematic discrimination and persecution.
Yes I understand what you are saying but we are in 2014.
America's president is black and white, a lot of black personalities have success, so how we can't move on.
I know poverty is most among black people community but what the solution to that, claiming oh we have 20% white ancestry ? like it's gonna change something.
I know it'easy to say but really stop to see yourself at low, we are in 2014, we can make the difference.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
As a Black American myself I get annoyed with it too but don't say things like "it's time to move on". Racial discrimination is still something we deal with in this country so it isn't possible yet to move on.
I am black myself, we can't forget but we can move on and make things different.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linana75 View Post
I am black myself, we can't forget but we can move on and make things different.
Are you Black American?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:12 PM

Yes I am sure it was horrible but when I was in America I didn't notice any racism there was mixed race couples and everyone was mingling. It is time to move on.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Yes I am sure it was horrible but when I was in America I didn't notice any racism there was mixed race couples and everyone was mingling. It is time to move on.
You as an Irish person didn't notice racism toward blacks while you were visiting? Is that what you saying?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:17 PM

No I am not Irish, I am British. And yes I am saying that, America has come on a massive lot since times when there was different toilets, cinemas, shops etc.

I have watched the horrible movies and read about it and that was definitely not the America I seen.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Are you Black American?
Not american but Gambian (West Africa) with some mixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World