Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 12:10 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,115,940 times

Advertisements

Just curious as to which US stores/ restaurants you wish you had access to, in your country, if not already (as many big US companies have gone overseas)?

I have relatives who have visited from SE Asia for instance, and they wish there was Costco, Cheesecake Factory and Wal-Mart (yes) in their backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Just curious as to which US stores/ restaurants you wish you had access to, in your country, if not already (as many big US companies have gone overseas)?

I have relatives who have visited from SE Asia for instance, and they wish there was Costco, Cheesecake Factory and Wal-Mart (yes) in their backyard.
For me its the chain restaurants more so than stores. I LOVE carrabas, Uno's, Ponderosa, I hear Buppe's (SP) is good as well. Frankly the US has us beat on restaurants...mmm just thinking about Vegas food now...look what you have started!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:41 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
I'll stick to fast food chains, the ones we already have.

McDonalds
KFC
Pizza Hut
Dominoes
Hungry Jacks (Burger King)
Subway

I think that's it, actually. They used to have Taco Bell in the east but it closed in the early 2000s, it looks like Starbucks might fold in Oz too.

I wish we had Wendy's and Arby's. Wendy's burgers are pretty good. Maybe Applebee's, Carl's Jnr and something like In'and'Out. Maybe Chili's as well and a decently priced Mexican chain like Chipotle's. Also a chain serving American food, like Cracker Barrel, would be great.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 AM

61,673 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Oh, no more fast food, please! We already have some.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
For me its the chain restaurants more so than stores. I LOVE carrabas, Uno's, Ponderosa, I hear Buppe's (SP) is good as well. Frankly the US has us beat on restaurants...mmm just thinking about Vegas food now...look what you have started!!!
those are all regional except Buca di Beppo and not across the entire country

which country are you from?

Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,462 times
Canada/Toronto...I cross over in Buffalo and sometimes go to Erie PA area. I've never seen a Buca di beppe's.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

I wish we had Wendy's and Arby's. Wendy's burgers are pretty good. Maybe Applebee's, Carl's Jnr and something like In'and'Out. Maybe Chili's as well and a decently priced Mexican chain like Chipotle's. Also a chain serving American food, like Cracker Barrel, would be great.
Cracker Barrel with its "down-home cooking" is awesome, it is across 80% of the US EXCEPT the West Coast, which is a disappointment.

You know what about Wendy's- they recently changed their burgers to a thicker supposedly juicier style, and I havent been back since (prefer the one that made them famous in the first place, and same thing with their fries- different (and not as good) now)

Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Cracker Barrel with its "down-home cooking" is awesome, it is across 80% of the US EXCEPT the West Coast, which is a disappointment.

You know what about Wendy's- they recently changed their burgers to a thicker supposedly juicier style, and I havent been back since (prefer the one that made them famous in the first place, and same thing with their fries- different (and not as good) now)
Loved the burgers at Wendy's. How recently? Despite the prevalence of fast food there's a total LACK of traditional American cuisine here apart from burgers, hot dogs and french fries.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Loved the burgers at Wendy's. How recently? Despite the prevalence of fast food there's a total LACK of traditional American cuisine here apart from burgers, hot dogs and french fries.
Basically the REAL Wendy (daughter of founder Dave Thomas) now appears on a few recent tv commercials, babbling about the "new" burger (I think its started just a couple months or so ago)...it is a little thicker on a different bun, but it does taste different enough for me to prefer the original style- not world-shakingly different, but different enough

The fries are now skinnier and include the skin of the potato, and have larger salt crystals- the fries were changed about a yr ago now..again i miss the old fries

guess Wendy's has not been performing too well recently thus the need to "update" their foods

Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,186,065 times
Quote:

None. There is a LandsEnd mail order in the U.K. and one in Germany, and either one is convenient to my country. Otherwise, we have everything I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World