Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:15 PM

557 posts, read 673,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Or something you say to someone who is starting to sound like a broken record.
Or someone who only has unrelated distractions, but NO legitimate rebuttal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 05:20 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
I'm sorry what was your point again? It got lost in the verbiage and 1.1 billion links in your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Or someone who only has unrelated distractions, but NO legitimate rebuttal.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:55 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
There is no monolithic American culture else we would not have so many hyphenated citizens: Mexican-American; Irish-American, African-American, Native-American and so on and on and on and on. We don't even speak one language here. In so many countries, if you are deaf, tough. No sign person telling you what is being said at every meeting, speech etc. If you are in a wheel chair, no buses that kneel down so you can get on it. The next time you fly anywhere on the globe, be glad for the American GPS system so your pilot will know where they are and where they are going. Such a complex topic.
You don't seriously believe that deaf or disabled people are only catered for in the USA do you!!?? lol

Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You don't seriously believe that deaf or disabled people are only catered for in the USA do you!!?? lol
Relax. He didn't say that at all. Quit being so reactionary...

Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry what was your point again? It got lost in the verbiage and 1.1 billion links in your posts.
I'm sorry you can't comprehend basic english, try again and take your time.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,217,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Nobody is suggesting that the US hasnt given the world anything but to call the world Americanised is just not accurate - A lot of Americans (not all) DO seem to think that if it wasnt for the US the world wouldnt be eating pizza, wearing jeans, listening to popular music, driving cars, living in a world of consumerism, speaking English etc and this is just not true. I think you have to ask yourself how different the world would be if there was no such thing as the USA and the answer is yes it would be different but no it wouldnt be 'that' different. The USA has given the world some wonderful things but the world is not Americanised or Britishised or Inianised or Argenitnianised - it is however a globalised world! :-)
Since you dont live in america you cant speak for all, most americans i know are actually well educated and know we didnt invent the hamburger or pizza, english seriously...

Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,512,981 times
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Everyone is sputtering and spewing and trotting out local examples of popular culture that started here as examples of how much they aren't like us. If you want to call it a culture of globalization be my guest. Just don't deny that of much of your daily life has its roots in 20th Century North America. Its disingenuous to do so. If you don't believe me, just stop for a moment and think about what you're responding to this forum on (the Silicon Valley is not in the UK, Sweden or France and Intel, Microsoft and Apple aren't headquartered there either).

Old 04-08-2013, 04:02 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Everyone is sputtering and spewing and trotting out local examples of popular culture that started here as examples of how much they aren't like us. If you want to call it a culture of globalization be my guest. Just don't deny that of much of your daily life has its roots in 20th Century North America. Its disingenuous to do so. If you don't believe me, just stop for a moment and think about what you're responding to this forum on (the Silicon Valley is not in the UK, Sweden or France and Intel, Microsoft and Apple aren't headquartered there either).
You could also ask which language we're debating in

You even opened with a Shakespeare quote!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
lol you know i'm not the only one getting bored of the same ole same ole from you Doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
I'm sorry you can't comprehend basic english, try again and take your time.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
lol you know i'm not the only one getting bored of the same ole same ole from you Doc.
You must not be that bored because you had enough interest to respond to me once again without a legitimate counter point that relates to my argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World