Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 02:04 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,890,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
Yes, they have.
In Murcia the shop was closed on Sundays all day and they closed for 2 hours at midday.

Not as conveniant as here.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:00 AM

595 posts, read 720,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
In Murcia the shop was closed on Sundays all day and they closed for 2 hours at midday.

Not as conveniant as here.
One place doen't represent an entire country.

Anyway, in the city of Murcia there are places open on Sundays and open 24 hours.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:47 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
Funny how Vikingen simply answers the question and gives his honest opinion, he is jumped on for not giving the "right" answer. Since he didn't give the "right" answer it must mean he isn't really European, that he is buying into propaganda or that he hasn't traveled anywhere. Is that what being "open-minded" and "tolerant" of different opinions and ideas means?
But he isnt just giving an opinion he is stating incorrect facts - all we are doing is pointing out that what he says is completely wrong. The fact that he is suggesting you cant buy a pizza after 8 oclock in Europe is so ridiculous it suggests to me he has never been here. If I made a claim like 'in the USA you cant go shopping on a Wednesday' or 'in the USA there are no forested areas' I would expect people in the US to tell me I am wrong.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,549,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So where in europe can you get wide open spaces like what you see in the Midwest?
Scotland has loads of them.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I would never want to live in the US because I'd get sent to prison for being an atheist. Also, there is no public transportation anywhere and since I don't have a driver's license, I'd be locked in the house all day. I don't want to end up clinically obese like 85% of the American population but what can you expect when supermarkets in the US don't even sell fresh fruits or vegetables. When I do get obese, I won't be able to pay for my private health insurance (since I'm not a millionaire) so I'll probably be left to die on the street. No thanks
Well we all know that the Dutch are obnoxious smart a**es.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You do realize that unlike some countries in Europe, by law there's separation of Church and State in the US, so therefore the State couldn't send anyone to jail for their beliefs or lack thereof? I've been an atheist all my life, as have all my friends and neighbors, and most of my relatives, and we'll still enjoying our freedom.

I didn't have a driver's license most of my adult life, but I was never locked inside the house. Far from it. Public transportation is the only rational way to go in a world of dwindling resources and global warming.

I still don't know where all these obese people I keep reading about on C-D are living. I rarely see any. Under about 55 years of age, I never see any.

Private health insurance (meaning: that people pay for themselves) is very quickly becoming a thing of the past, thanks to Obama.

No fresh fruits and vegetables? OK, this is starting to sound like the Soviet channel.
You can't be serious! It's the fattest country in the world!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:11 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,686,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I would never want to live in the US because I'd get sent to prison for being an atheist. Also, there is no public transportation anywhere and since I don't have a driver's license, I'd be locked in the house all day. I don't want to end up clinically obese like 85% of the American population but what can you expect when supermarkets in the US don't even sell fresh fruits or vegetables. When I do get obese, I won't be able to pay for my private health insurance (since I'm not a millionaire) so I'll probably be left to die on the street. No thanks
This post is clearly a parody of Vikingens post. Shame most people don't get it.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
This post is clearly a parody of Vikingens post. Shame most people don't get it.
Yes, I knew it was a smart a** post.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:17 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,839,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Nauru is!

Old 03-04-2014, 11:17 AM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Sorry, I don't see it, not anywhere where I've lived. But I was informed on another thread that the states where I've lived represent the healthiest and least overweight populations in the US. How would you know, anyway--from media reports? Your location is Scotland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World