Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,919,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Iceland, Norway, Finland, Romania, Spain, Ireland, most of Eastern Europe.
Excuse me yes you can!

Old 03-03-2014, 05:42 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,931,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky8828 View Post
My parents immigrated with my sister and I in 1988. My sister returned to Europe 3 years ago. Now my parents & I are as well in the next 3 years. They will sell their home 5 minutes away from the beach and retire in Europe. USA is not the place for Whites unless you are wealthy.
What...???

Old 03-03-2014, 05:42 PM

70 posts, read 68,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormadNYC View Post
Please do not tell me your just listed Arizona as one of the open minded states, there government is probably the most conservative and radical in the country.
Arizona just seems affordable, sunny and dry (preferable over Florida). I'm not sure yet how much things like mentality or open-carry would annoy me, I'm guessing it matters less in cities. I just wouldn't rule it out without some practical knowledge.

If Lawrence Krauss can live there, just like many space racketeers can live in Texas, maybe there are niches for people like me to be just fine.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:47 PM

595 posts, read 721,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
In Europe they don't really have 24 hour stores.

Like in Spain I mean.
Yes, they have.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:52 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,251,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
Funny how Vikingen simply answers the question and gives his honest opinion, he is jumped on for not giving the "right" answer. Since he didn't give the "right" answer it must mean he isn't really European, that he is buying into propaganda or that he hasn't traveled anywhere. Is that what being "open-minded" and "tolerant" of different opinions and ideas means?
I would never want to live in the US because I'd get sent to prison for being an atheist. Also, there is no public transportation anywhere and since I don't have a driver's license, I'd be locked in the house all day. I don't want to end up clinically obese like 85% of the American population but what can you expect when supermarkets in the US don't even sell fresh fruits or vegetables. When I do get obese, I won't be able to pay for my private health insurance (since I'm not a millionaire) so I'll probably be left to die on the street. No thanks

Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 PM

70 posts, read 68,253 times
Quote:
I would never want to live in the US because I'd get sent to prison for being an atheist. Also, there is no public transportation anywhere and since I don't have a driver's license, I'd be locked in the house all day. I don't want to end up clinically obese like 85% of the American population but what can you expect when supermarkets in the US don't even sell fresh fruits or vegetables. When I do get obese, I won't be able to pay for my private health insurance (since I'm not a millionaire) so I'll probably be left to die on the street. No thanks
I guess this is a joke You would go in prison for smoking pot actually unless you move to Colorado or I think also DC. And New York has, as far as I heard, better transportation system than London. There are also many bicycle friendly cities there It's a very diverse federation of states and counties

Old 03-03-2014, 06:30 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,870,040 times
Quote:
I don't even know how to respond to this.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:41 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,985,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Excuse me yes you can!
She listed off countries that have wide open spaces. You agree, yet refute her at the same time? Before hitting the reply button, make sure you know what you're typing....

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-06-2014 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
You do realize that unlike some countries in Europe, by law there's separation of Church and State in the US, so therefore the State couldn't send anyone to jail for their beliefs or lack thereof? I've been an atheist all my life, as have all my friends and neighbors, and most of my relatives, and we'll still enjoying our freedom.

I didn't have a driver's license most of my adult life, but I was never locked inside the house. Far from it. Public transportation is the only rational way to go in a world of dwindling resources and global warming.

I still don't know where all these obese people I keep reading about on C-D are living. I rarely see any. Under about 55 years of age, I never see any.

Private health insurance (meaning: that people pay for themselves) is very quickly becoming a thing of the past, thanks to Obama.

No fresh fruits and vegetables? OK, this is starting to sound like the Soviet channel.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,357,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You do realize that...
her post was obviously full of sarcasm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.