Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Racist Developed Countries
Norway 7 1.85%
Australia 55 14.51%
America 116 30.61%
Germany 23 6.07%
Netherlands 7 1.85%
Sweden 10 2.64%
Ireland 12 3.17%
New Zealand 1 0.26%
Switzerland 16 4.22%
Japan 132 34.83%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 02:04 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,217,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Is the KKK still existent in the South? I had an American friend that claimed several years ago the South did still has those groups and have rallies.

I rarely here people yelling out on someone else because they are a different colour or background. I have seen it yet it not every day occurance. The last I personally witnessed it was over a decade ago. I would have to say Australia is less racist now than in the mid 1990s and prior to that. Anyway within the last 2 years only one person I know admited they are racist and don't like people of a different skin colour than them. She was a facebook friend of mine and that influenced my decision to defriend her.
Yeah it does still exist, the best info I could get about the number of them are from 2008 data which had 6,000 members in the Klu Klux Klan out of the 300 million people in America at the time. Anyways there all like old men that are probably dead by now. Also you say you never heard people call each other names in Australia yet your not a minority. Again this sounds pretty bad but basing this off of city data I have read many posts about someone calling them names, even on Youtube I stumble across videos of racism and I mean tons of them for such a small country. Also race groups do exist in Australia in fact their is a race group called the klu klux klan in Australia, I'm not sure if you ever heard of it? You seem to have friends in everything, your the same guy that claimed to have had several gay Muslim friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 03:44 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Most sports teams are going to be very diverse.
Not national teams, they tend to reflect the diversity within a country. Just compare NTs from Western Europe to Eastern Europe.

Quote:
What really matters in the percentages or numbers of race per city but that's not really the topic.
Why?

Quote:
Also Beyoncé sold A LOT more records did Emeli Sande, I am not saying I don't like Emeli but Beyoncé is just much more popular.
Beyonce has been around much longer but I think her level of success within the UK is pretty similar to Emeli Sande's. Beyonce had five #1 hits in 7 years while Emeli Sande had three #1 hits in 2 years. Emeli Sande's only album so far sold over a million copies (the best-selling album of 2012), which is just as much as the two most successful Beyonce albums in the UK. Emeli Sande's album sold twice as much as Beyonce's album "4" which was released in the same year.

Quote:
Also when you say hip hop and jazz are surley created and welcomed in Netherlands and other countries are you saying that they were invented in the Netherlands and other European countries? If so I don't even want to get involved...
When I say hip hop and jazz are also welcomed and created in the Netherlands and other European countries, I mean that hip hop and jazz are also welcomed and created in the Netherlands and other European countries. If this is too difficult for you to understand, I suggest you spend a little less time on City Data and a little more time on your homework.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,217,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Not national teams, they tend to reflect the diversity within a country. Just compare NTs from Western Europe to Eastern Europe.

Ok...
Why?

Because who the heck bases diversity off of sports teams

Beyonce has been around much longer but I think her level of success within the UK is pretty similar to Emeli Sande's. Beyonce had five #1 hits in 7 years while Emeli Sande had three #1 hits in 2 years. Emeli Sande's only album so far sold over a million copies (the best-selling album of 2012), which is just as much as the two most successful Beyonce albums in the UK. Emeli Sande's album sold twice as much as Beyonce's album "4" which was released in the same year.

Ah your talking about just the UK, yeah maybe in the UK they are both similar but overall Beyoncé has had much much more success.

When I say hip hop and jazz are also welcomed and created in the Netherlands and other European countries, I mean that hip hop and jazz are also welcomed and created in the Netherlands and other European countries. If this is too difficult for you to understand, I suggest you spend a little less time on City Data and a little more time on your homework.
Yeah okay your saying that hip hop and jazz was created in the Netherlands and other European countries, hahaha I wont even touch this one. Its not really that I didn't understand you its just that I cant believe my eyes that you are saying jazz and hip hop was created in Netherlands and other European countries.
Answers are above.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:
Yeah it does still exist, the best info I could get about the number of them are from 2008 data which had 6,000 members in the Klu Klux Klan out of the 300 million people in America at the time. Anyways there all like old men that are probably dead by now. Also you say you never heard people call each other names in Australia yet your not a minority. Again this sounds pretty bad but basing this off of city data I have read many posts about someone calling them names, even on Youtube I stumble across videos of racism and I mean tons of them for such a small country. Also race groups do exist in Australia in fact their is a race group called the klu klux klan in Australia, I'm not sure if you ever heard of it? You seem to have friends in everything, your the same guy that claimed to have had several gay Muslim friends
I not friends with these people. I just know alot of people. I even worked with an immigrant from the Indian subcontient and one day he found it very offensive the way women dress in this country as he is a strict muslim.

I have heard of the KKK here in Australia but I have done some research and it does not really exist here in Australia. The media can exagerate here.

Each country has racism. There is ample media coverage of racism in all Western countries. Yet it does not necessary mean the country is racist. Plus you don't have to be a white person to be racist. There are INdians and even Lebanese here that are racist. I have even visited Stormfront and it one of the biggest racist websites in the world and a large majority of the people there are from America. In 2008 at least 40 000 users the site a day, and when Obama won the election the site was overloaded. Even not so long ago in the Mid West there was a White Extremist that went to a Skih temple killing many. I looked at ADL website and organisations active include Aryan Nations, plus if you live in California there is even an annual white pride festival.

The third biggest Politcal party in Hungary is very openly racist and anti semitic and they are involved in attacking non Whites and Jews of that country. The openly racist partys here hardly attract any votes to have representives in Government. I have looked at racist Australian forums and people there complain on the lack of interest in most White Australians in ever supporting racist political parties. Even Austria which is in Europe, the far right zenophobic political party is very big over there.

Anyway going back to my post regarding Churches in America being racially segerated compared to Australia. The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., once said "it is appalling that the most segregated hour of Christian America is eleven o'clock on Sunday morning.".

Last edited by other99; 09-25-2013 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Is the KKK still existent in the South? I had an American friend that claimed several years ago the South did still has those groups and have rallies.

sure, they exist, in the same way that neo-nazis still exist across europe and australia

i don't really know how people conclude that America is one of the most racist first-world countries. these people have clearly not been around much.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:41 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,619,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
any links

America and Norway is shown to be pretty tolerant overall alongside Australia and Sweden...

Map shows world's most racist countries (and the answers may surprise you) | Mail Online
who composed this map? This is complete nonsense. Interesting as Undesirable for the United States. As Russia , China, Venezuela have the same indicators. it's even very funny. Lie and only.
Racism in Russia is an artificial phenomenon and not too advanced. The hell with racism? Racism arises in countries where different races live next to each other. We not have mass distribution of racism there. There are separate groups of people from brainwashed minds and just idiots. Most people nontraded attention to them blacks - they have no relationship to them. We have much more developed nationalism, and due to large number of visitors from Central Asia. Well and Caucasians so far as compatriots do not perceive (and many of them us) - this is more a face different cultures. But racism we unpopular too significant numerical advantage "white" :-)
The most racist country continue to believe US. We anybody and would never come up with any special name for blacks Afro-Russians:-)), but in the United States coming up with the same name, other (supposedly not racist), but blacks and whites still perceived separately. Plus, more Hispanics, and Asians. And everybody tolerant hate. In the Constitution of the USA are second-class people , we Have never had a bus for a white or color. So you cheating themselves with this card.
Racism in the United States has existed since the Foundation of the state. A society based white people, which differ in their national and religious grounds, strongly differed in their attitude to other groups. Victims of racism steel unwritten indigenous people - Indians and Negroes-slaves.
Racial discrimination is still an acute issue in the United States, and now keep track of the accounts for all citizens, both white and black. And any deed, even the most innocent, have to walk circumspectly " couldn't interpret it as a crime motivated by racial hatred?

Researcher William Ferris of the research Center of the South at the University of North Carolina noted that racism is like a cancer cure is impossible, one can only achieve a remission. It turns out that to improve the situation the country will take many years, decades and even centuries. Well, we'll see what happens. And you talk about the most tolerant country and draw ridiculous card.
These are historical facts,so sorry!!!

Last edited by GreyKarast; 09-29-2013 at 07:58 AM..

Old 09-29-2013, 09:33 AM

257 posts, read 684,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
who composed this map? This is complete nonsense. Interesting as Undesirable for the United States. As Russia , China, Venezuela have the same indicators. it's even very funny. Lie and only.
Racism in Russia is an artificial phenomenon and not too advanced. The hell with racism? Racism arises in countries where different races live next to each other. We not have mass distribution of racism there. There are separate groups of people from brainwashed minds and just idiots. Most people nontraded attention to them blacks - they have no relationship to them. We have much more developed nationalism, and due to large number of visitors from Central Asia. Well and Caucasians so far as compatriots do not perceive (and many of them us) - this is more a face different cultures. But racism we unpopular too significant numerical advantage "white" :-)
The most racist country continue to believe US. We anybody and would never come up with any special name for blacks Afro-Russians:-)), but in the United States coming up with the same name, other (supposedly not racist), but blacks and whites still perceived separately. Plus, more Hispanics, and Asians. And everybody tolerant hate. In the Constitution of the USA are second-class people , we Have never had a bus for a white or color. So you cheating themselves with this card.
Racism in the United States has existed since the Foundation of the state. A society based white people, which differ in their national and religious grounds, strongly differed in their attitude to other groups. Victims of racism steel unwritten indigenous people - Indians and Negroes-slaves.
Racial discrimination is still an acute issue in the United States, and now keep track of the accounts for all citizens, both white and black. And any deed, even the most innocent, have to walk circumspectly " couldn't interpret it as a crime motivated by racial hatred?

Researcher William Ferris of the research Center of the South at the University of North Carolina noted that racism is like a cancer cure is impossible, one can only achieve a remission. It turns out that to improve the situation the country will take many years, decades and even centuries. Well, we'll see what happens. And you talk about the most tolerant country and draw ridiculous card.
These are historical facts,so sorry!!!
Russia is the most racist country in the world. By far. No special names for blacks in Russian language? Joke? http://gdb.rferl.org/99AD0F38-EEF2-4...w800_mh600.jpg On the banner they're carrying it says: St Petersburg is cemetery for foreigners. http://www.russianspy.org/wp-content...eno_russia.jpg http://marxistqueen.files.wordpress....rofas-0071.jpg

Old 09-29-2013, 03:29 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,944 times
Denmark, South Korea, and Japan.

Denmark keeps changing its immigration laws which makes it almost impossible for a non-Dane to receive citizenship even if they make attempts to learn the language (they take points off if you still retain a accent).

South Korea (speaking from experience) treats its non-Koreans (especially non-whites) and even happa (half-Koreans) badly that they are bullied in school and yelled out by locals to leave or telling them that they should have not been born. Virtually impossible to become a citizen in South Korea unless you have Korean blood, married to a Korean, and/or inputted a lot of money into the South Korean economy (aka: filthy rich and set up a company which South Korea profits).

Japan is not as bad as South Korea, but it still does not fully accept foreigners and limits how much can come in nevertheless, earning citizenship is not impossible....it just takes years of patience and expecting "delays" from the immigration office.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:25 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,619,078 times
From my experience ,South Korea is very tolerable. At least the Russians attitude good . Therefore, in Рusan and other cities many Russians live . I was in this city,the attitude was good. In Japan ,there is little,but that was also tolerant attitude. The only thing that most Japanese people read white Americans.This is not objectively, of course,but it's just a personal experience.In Israel ,many of racism met.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
LindavG - When I say hip hop and jazz are also welcomed and created in the Netherlands and other European countries, I mean that hip hop and jazz are also welcomed and created in the Netherlands and other European countries. If this is too difficult for you to understand, I suggest you spend a little less time on City Data and a little more time on your homework.

Quote:
Answers are above.
Quote:
Yeah okay your saying that hip hop and jazz was created in the Netherlands and other European countries, hahaha I wont even touch this one. Its not really that I didn't understand you its just that I cant believe my eyes that you are saying jazz and hip hop was created in Netherlands and other European countries.
Cali, I think what she's saying is that artists activly create jazz and hip hop in Europe. Not that it originated in that region of the world.
Its like you saying hockey teams are welcome and created in America. And me saying WHAT!?!?!?! Hockey was NOT created in America! ARE YOU HIGH????!!!!!!!

No, of course it wasn't. But America likes hockey, and assimilated a Canadian sport into the fold, continuing to create new teams for junior/minor/NHL, etc.......

Do you know what I'm trying to say here? I'm not sure if that was a good analogy or not. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World