Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times

Advertisements

They might've done so when they were younger, or just a few times, and let's say they didn't catch anything from these women. They've put those days behind them.

How would most average women in your country view such a man? Would they generally be forgiving/understanding? Of course it depends on personality/religion.etc.

It seems there are many American women who wouldn't even a consider a man who had been to a hooker once. Is this the case in your experience? Yet these women still fawn over men who have been with dozens of women, even if he 'bought his way' into their pants with drinks or money or whatever.

Here prostitution is legal but not exactly tolerated either...plenty of men from all walks visit them (many married and no single, which of course I do not condone), but like the US there is definitely some stigma.

Is there a lot less stigma in Europe? Not that I'm planning on whoring it up, I'm watching a programme about the legality of prostitution and it just got me thinking.

In places like Thailand I hear it's a 'rite of passage' for men to lose their virginity in brothels. While I do not see this as admirable, I imagine when it comes to settle down, most women just accept it as part of their culture. I hear in Japan many wives even accept that their husbands might need a 'comfort woman' now and then aside from her, for whatever reason, although I'm sure this attitude isn't as widespread as some believe.

I mean on the flip-side, maybe it's partly justified since how many men would accept a woman who was a prostitute for a serious relationship? Even if it was well in the past?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 02:35 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,627 times
The "rate the hottest women from X part of the globe" threads are one thing, but this one is really more suited for the relationships forum, no?

Old 05-29-2012, 02:44 AM

355 posts, read 1,190,048 times
Trimac

Whoremonging is legal in Spain and part of the culture. Many informal business meetings take place in brothels.

Legislation varies from country to country, for example, brothels are illegal in France and Sweden, etc.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM

10,642 posts, read 16,025,322 times
Most women i have been with didn't care that i had sex with prostitutes before but i'm not a hardcore mongerer just a guy that wants to have fun.
I never searched for prostitutes they always came to me.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Most women i have been with didn't care that i had sex with prostitutes before but i'm not a hardcore mongerer just a guy that wants to have fun.
I never searched for prostitutes they always came to me.
They tend to be very aggressive in some countries.

You're in the Netherlands, haven't most Dutch guys been with prostitutes? lol just joking.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 AM

27,556 posts, read 28,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How would most average women in your country view such a man? Would they generally be forgiving/understanding? Of course it depends on personality/religion.etc.

It seems there are many American women who wouldn't even a consider a man who had been to a hooker once. Is this the case in your experience? Yet these women still fawn over men who have been with dozens of women, even if he 'bought his way' into their pants with drinks or money or whatever.
As you know, American society has a big "Puritan" complex. The society in general - and women in particular for the most part - are not forgiving or understanding at all about prostitution. And yet, it exists ("illegally") in every city and state in the U.S. It's a classic social taboo.

Very hypocritical if you ask me.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 AM

10,642 posts, read 16,025,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
They tend to be very aggressive in some countries.

You're in the Netherlands, haven't most Dutch guys been with prostitutes? lol just joking.
When i go sit at a bar here in Phuket within 3 mins. there will be somebody grabbing Moderator cut: bit too explicit and ask me "What your name, where you from etc."
Then they always ask "can i have drink" or "you want to go somewhere".
Lady i just want to sit at the bar, enjoy my drink and don't get bothered to much.

I will stay in Phuket, Thailand for the next 3 months btw living with my girlfriend on a tourist visa.

Last edited by Vichel; 05-30-2012 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,844,521 times
Where I come from your typical prostitute has a heroin habit, no teeth and more than likely more diseases than lab rat. So if my girlfriend thought I had been with a prostitute she would prolly savagely attack me lol. I wouldn't waste my money on a prostitute anyhow, buy a normal girl a few drinks, you might get lucky!

Old 05-29-2012, 12:10 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,287,482 times
the most generous thing i can say about men who use prostitutes is that i feel sorry for them

as for the prostitutes themselves , their situation must have been desperete to have to make such a grim choice of ( work )

the whole sex for sale thing is utterly depressing

Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
When i go sit at a bar here in Phuket within 3 mins. there will be somebody grabbing my penis and ask me "What your name, where you from etc."
Then they always ask "can i have drink" or "you want to go somewhere".
Lady i just want to sit at the bar, enjoy my drink and don't get bothered to much.

I will stay in Phuket, Thailand for the next 3 months btw living with my girlfriend on a tourist visa.
Oh Thailand is clearly something else. Same for me, they are predatory there . Moderator cut: too explicit
On another occasion in Patong I was accosted by a Ladyboy in the street who just wouldn't let go of my arm. I kept saying 'no thanks' and pulled away but he/she kept following me. Luckily a group of tourists came to my 'rescue' .

Last edited by Vichel; 05-30-2012 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Thread is borderline, if not totally, sexually explicit which is against TOS but if we can tone it down, it might stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World