Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 11:22 PM

531 posts, read 594,983 times

Advertisements

Another landslide for the Teflon Don in Nevada.
  • Trump 42%
  • Cruz 22.8%
  • Rubio 21.8%
While the juggernaut rolls on, all eyes on his twitter feed for amusing or snarky comments.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:35 AM

504 posts, read 465,641 times
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

Trump is certainly proving that analogy in neon letters 200ft high.

Frankly, you could sell Americans absolutely anything if you bullsh!t loudly enough.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:49 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
Good lord, I can't believe Trump has actually come this far. It was all fun and games in the beginning....a big joke... entertainment.. Now that it's actually happening, it's scary. I hope the democratic nominee will be able to defeat Trump in the elections. I know that I will be voting democrat no matter who is nominated.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:50 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Good lord, I can't believe Trump has actually come this far. It was all fun and games in the beginning....a big joke... entertainment.. Now that it's actually happening, it's scary. I hope the democratic nominee will be able to defeat Trump in the elections. I know that I will be voting democrat no matter who is nominated.
Voting for Hillary definitely would be a character building deed.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:40 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
I feel the same way. Many republicans are even baffled by all of this.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:59 AM

277 posts, read 401,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I feel the same way. Many republicans are even baffled by all of this.
Not me. Trump getting so much popularity comes as no surprise to me after years of observing simmering discontent at the grass roots level, from those with graduate school STEM degrees making 300k+ a year to the minimum wage worker trying hard to make ends meet.

The root of it all is the growing recognition that social liberalism is morally vile. This may be pretty self-evident to those who have been conservative all their lives, but to former liberals like me, it can be a jarring re-adjustment.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Most people in Europe are holding their breath to see what happens. Most are hoping that Hilary gets the Dem nomination as they think it's possible she can beat him. What we dread is a Sanders vs Trump, as POTUS Donald would be the outcome. EEEEEEEK!

We have half an equivalent here in that Corbyn, the new Labour Leader is an earnest and well meaning fellow with a sizable and passionate following, but is completely unelectable. It's one less problem Cameron has to grapple with, and he certainly has his hands full presently.

If Hilary does get it, would Trump scare enough Rep and Dem Clinton haters to bite their tongues and vote her to stop him?

This thing is playing like a Hollywood drama. If it were just that, I would be less concerned.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:02 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,251,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci View Post
How well did Obama's 'Russian reset' turn out? The US won't have better relations with Russia until after Putin falls from power.
I turned on the radio about a month ago to a random AM station and I heard a guy talking about Syria. He basically said, "If Russia wants to bomb Syria like crazy the US should let them go ahead. Let them waste their money, then we can figure it out afterwards."

I thought, "Finally, why do we always need to be in these messes." Then the radio host said, Thanks Mr Trump." Then I gasped and thought, how the heck do I agree with something Trump says.

Anyway, I think Trump will let Russia take more of a lead in bombing people.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Anyway, I think Trump will let Russia take more of a lead in bombing people.
Ok, but so long as they're not NATO folk who are getting bombed.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:53 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Most people in Europe are holding their breath to see what happens. Most are hoping that Hilary gets the Dem nomination as they think it's possible she can beat him. What we dread is a Sanders vs Trump, as POTUS Donald would be the outcome. EEEEEEEK!

We have half an equivalent here in that Corbyn, the new Labour Leader is an earnest and well meaning fellow with a sizable and passionate following, but is completely unelectable. It's one less problem Cameron has to grapple with, and he certainly has his hands full presently.

If Hilary does get it, would Trump scare enough Rep and Dem Clinton haters to bite their tongues and vote her to stop him?

This thing is playing like a Hollywood drama. If it were just that, I would be less concerned.
I want Sanders to win the Democratic nomination. It's the only chance for the USA to finally implement welfare state measures which can finally diminish the gap between the lower and higher classes. Sanders would also probably avoid to start or enter into any armed conflict, be it in the Middle East or any part of the World.

A presidential race between Trump and Sanders would also create drama and if Trump were to be elected, it would be a hilarious four years. It would probably spell the end of the Republican party as we know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci View Post
How well did Obama's 'Russian reset' turn out? The US won't have better relations with Russia until after Putin falls from power.
Not sure about that, Putin held decent diplomatic relations with several Western leaders, especially Berlusconi. He's more in tune with conservative leaders (although Trump isn't conservative on several issues), it also helps that Trump is the politician that's the closest to Berlusconi amongst the Western nations (with the exception of Berlusconi himself but he has no chance of being re-elected).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World