Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:30 AM

990 posts, read 881,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyhere View Post
Canada is no.2 ?

I don't know about that.
I mean I like it here quite a bit but what I don't like is the fragile resource-based economy whipsaws people constantly (refer to recent oil collapse leading to sudden unemployment in Alberta), lousy workplace rights protections and, contrary to popular belief out there, rather incompetent governance.
It seems to me that Australia, which has a resource heavy economy like Canada, has managed to have a higher minimum income, lower unemployment, and its been enjoying nonstop prosperity for the last 20 years. Certainly in top 20, but not even close to being a top 5 country IMHO.
Canada is a dream for 80% of earthlings so do Australia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 07:30 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arab-beauty View Post
I don't like anglo countries because they are often racial, with societies that focus too much on consuming and they are also the countries around the world that monitor their citizens the most.

I am gonna chose countries around the mediterranean as the best, weather, good food, beautiful people, history!
What do you base this on?

Old 01-22-2016, 07:30 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Canada is way too cold for the most part to be considered the 2nd best country in the world.

Not a bad country though.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:24 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Canada shouldn't have made it in to the top 10, maybe 11.

Australia should replace the UK.

None of this matters anyways because come 2017 President Trump through sharp negotiations and hard work rebuilding our infrastructure would skyrocket us past Germany to number 1 again

Old 01-22-2016, 08:39 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
I lived in the USA where race is a huge factor in life.
In my experience, the only huge factor in life anywhere is money.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:42 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
I lived in the USA where race is a huge factor in life. Also spent time in Australia which is similar, and Canadians aren't very different.

The Uk is perhaps less race obsessed, but the other anglo countries in the new world are often race-centric and the media talks non stop about it. Especially the USA.
Oh yea, such race issues, yet so many people risk their life getting to these horrific, race obsessed countries.

The USA, Canada, etc (your Anglo countries), are the most welcoming, tolerant, diverse countries in the world. This is why they are the primary target for immigrants.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:46 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
Quote:
sure, keep believing that
How many muslim refugees did the country where islam was invented accept so far...

Old 01-22-2016, 06:17 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
I don't like anglo countries because they are often racial, with societies that focus too much on consuming and they are also the countries around the world that monitor their citizens the most.

I am gonna chose countries around the mediterranean as the best, weather, good food, beautiful people, history!
Post of the year.

Countries like Canada/Germany are so overhyped I'd rather side with the people who claim Justin Bieber is better singer than Elvis Presley.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:10 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Post of the year.

Countries like Canada/Germany are so overhyped I'd rather side with the people who claim Justin Bieber is better singer than Elvis Presley.
I agree to an extent. Racial problems are overstated in the US. But countries like Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, even some northern African countries are under rated. I lived in Italy for a while and I loved it. I'm in an interracial marriage and have never had problems anywhere. I also think anglo countries are overhyped as well, but they are still some of the best countries on the planet, but not head over heels better then many other countries. I have some arab friends, and I would guess racial tensions are higher now then 20 years ago for arabs.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:15 PM

178 posts, read 185,091 times
Switzerland not on the top ten (not even top 20)? I can't take this list seriously

Same goes for Norway and other nordic countries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World