Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:07 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,809 times

Advertisements

There was some countries that gave like mercedes and house to the citizens..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 12:24 PM

400 posts, read 422,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arab-beauty View Post
I don't like anglo countries because they are often racial, with societies that focus too much on consuming and they are also the countries around the world that monitor their citizens the most.

I am gonna chose countries around the mediterranean as the best, weather, good food, beautiful people, history!
All true.

My forebears are mostly from the southern rim of Europe so I think I was able to see the lifestyle here from a different perspective and I have to say that, while the place is 'safe' and fairly well run, there's also this dark side of rigidity in the applications of ever-proliferating rules and regulations that seem to benefit everyone but the average Joe going about his business. Rules, rules, and more rules.

Also transgressions to said rules are punished, at least here in Canada, with disproportionately ridiculous fines and even the loss of one's livelihood. I won't get into details - don't want to bore anyone - but there's the opposite of a live-and-let-live vibe here that I find either annoying or at least grating. I like the laissez-faire ambiance of some of the countries I've been fortunate to visit better -- it just suits my temperament better.

P.S. too much consumer culture; agree with you on that totally. Thankfully, my life isn't like that at all. I've managed to take myself out of the corporatist matrix.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:13 PM

178 posts, read 185,091 times
Quote:
I don't like anglo countries because they are often racial
Racial? What do you mean? Racial against who?

Old 01-23-2016, 04:03 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,615 times
Quote:
I don't like anglo countries because they are often racial, with societies that focus too much on consuming and they are also the countries around the world that monitor their citizens the most.

I am gonna chose countries around the mediterranean as the best, weather, good food, beautiful people, history!
Which countries around the mediterranean do speak of which are less racial than countries up north or "anglo countries"?

Surely it is not Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece or northern Africa.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:37 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf91 View Post
Racial? What do you mean? Racial against who?
I think the poster is mainly referring to racism by whites against non-whites.

However, I have not seen much evidence that the degree of it is any greater in anglo countries than it is anywhere else. Of course, it also differs significantly from place to place.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:25 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
You know the list is bs when China, India, Russia and Saudi Arabia are in the top 30.
.This must be the worst list ever.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:29 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
I lived in the USA where race is a huge factor in life. Also spent time in Australia which is similar, and Canadians aren't very different.

The Uk is perhaps less race obsessed, but the other anglo countries in the new world are often race-centric and the media talks non stop about it. Especially the USA.
You are race obsessed. You are obsessed with race obsession which is obsession with race. Every c-d profile you create you use to discuss race by proxy in your obsession with anglo countries. You are very predictable. How do you think people can identify you with a profile with less than five posts?

Old 01-24-2016, 12:54 PM

178 posts, read 185,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think the poster is mainly referring to racism by whites against non-whites.

However, I have not seen much evidence that the degree of it is any greater in anglo countries than it is anywhere else. Of course, it also differs significantly from place to place.
And I'm just curious: have you seen racism against hispanics in the US? If so, in which states? to which degree?

maybe people blame the US way too much

Old 01-24-2016, 01:23 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf91 View Post
And I'm just curious: have you seen racism against hispanics in the US? If so, in which states? to which degree?
I have, unfortunately. For example, some people refuse to speak or learn any Spanish at all even though it could help them communicate better in a heavily hispanic area. There is also a considerable amount of white flight from hispanic areas. There are cultural, socioeconomic and racial reasons for this.

You will notice this around east coast cities if you observe patiently.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:35 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I have, unfortunately. For example, some people refuse to speak or learn any Spanish at all even though it could help them communicate better in a heavily hispanic area. There is also a considerable amount of white flight from hispanic areas. There are cultural, socioeconomic and racial reasons for this.

You will notice this around east coast cities if you observe patiently.
I'm sorry but not learning Spanish in the USA should not be considered as racist behavior no matter what part in the country one is referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World