Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a better place to live Stockholm (Sweden) or SoCal (USA)?
Stockholm (Sweden) 41 47.67%
SoCal (USA) 45 52.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 12:58 PM

957 posts, read 1,133,381 times

Advertisements

SoCal
better women (I like Latinas over strong jawed sometime even high zygomatic round faced fake tanned blondish Swedish chicks) better climate, better landscape diversity, better languages too (Spanish and English)!

better seashore, better beaches

maybe Stockholm wins on quality air and public transport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 01:11 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
If I spoke Swedish and had per-existing conditions, it would be no contest.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,154 times
Stumbled over this thread when looking through CD. I rarely post on here (but read a lot more) and I felt I should contribute to the good discussion.

My background: I was born and raised in multiple European countries because of my parents (they did medical/social work for the UN and MSF) and grew up in Germany, Switzerland, later in England and the US. I the last 5 years I have lived in *both* Stockholm and Los Angeles, at times even simultaneously. Before that I was in London, UK.

My take on the matter:
Looking at OP's previous posting history, I am assuming he is asking with a background of dating and romantic relationships.

If you are a decent looking, charismatic guy with experience in how the dating game works and are up to date how current dating tech works (Bumble, Tinder, IG, mobile/web ..) you should be fine in either place. But, as previously stated above, LA and Stockholm are very different when it comes to location, culture, language, and how people engage in situations.

If the plan is to jump on a plane, land in Stockholm and meet & be with as many hot Swedish women as possible, it might be tricky to pull off unless you are very social and know how to deal with the cultural differences. Attractive women in larger cities (like LA, Stockholm) typically have a large local social network, local male friends they already know & trust, and all other advantages you'd possibly imagine.

Assuming you don't speak the local language, don't actually live in Stockholm, don't know the local culture/customs, don't have a local group of friends who could introduce you the only "advantage" you could bring is that you are American. My Swedish friends (aged 19-28) are very open towards Americans and very interested in US American culture. That doesn't mean the girls will immediately want to be with a stranger though (same as elsewhere in the world).

Swedish men/women may sometimes come across a little bit "closed" or "guarded" when they meet someone they don't know. This is not a negative character trait or because they don't like you - they simply don't know you well enough to "warm up" to you. It'll take a little bit of time and my Swedish friends I made over the years are simply amazing!

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask here.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
In other words: Los Zetas or Isis?
Says a lot about you of course.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:31 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Stockholm is city. SoCal includes places like Calipatria, Taft City, and even the Bagdad Cafe. How can you compare them?

Old 01-01-2018, 12:12 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX101MAX101 View Post
This has been on my mind for quite some time and I haven't found what I'm looking for on Google so I'm asking here.

I'm looking for nice people, low crime rate, gorgeous scenery, and sexy and sexually liberated girls.

Thanks to all that respond
You don't care about the weather? You should, that far north. Oh, and did anyone mention the extremely short daylight hours in winter, in Scandihoovia? I mean, come on! People find Seattle intolerable, for that reason, as well as the overcast weather, You need to do some research, to find out how much worse Stockholm is.

Oh, and....IDK if anyone told you this, but you can't guarantee any of those Swedish babes will give you the time of day. It's not a warm and fuzzy culture. You have been warned.

Old 01-01-2018, 04:10 PM

1,299 posts, read 823,383 times
The OP has a not-quite-real vibe to it. But I'll play.

I've been to LA. I'd pick Sweden in an instant. For all the reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Women not getting very friendly with strange men there on stopovers - that's what I call highly intelligent women with good survival instincts.
Zing! Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What do you mean by sexually liberated?
Lots of random women who are so desperate that they'll sleep with the OP on first meet. That'd be my interpretation.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:59 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
SoCal for sure.. I don't think I'll last more than a few months during the winter in Stockholm.

If we went a bit further south, say, UK, Denmark, Germany, or the Netherlands, it would be a more difficult choice.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:22 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
SoCal for sure.. I don't think I'll last more than a few months during the winter in Stockholm.

If we went a bit further south, say, UK, Denmark, Germany, or the Netherlands, it would be a more difficult choice.
Rainy winters over snowy winters?

Old 10-11-2020, 03:20 PM

103 posts, read 101,073 times
I'm looking for a place in both Stockholm and Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World