Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 08:52 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,506,016 times

Advertisements

absolutely

don't know why this is a even a question

caribearean should be americanized (except for jerk chicken and maduros) and annexed as well.

Social media should be used to americanize central and south america. I do not have time to conjugate spanish verb forms. western hempishere should just speak english. makes it easier for the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 09:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,140,781 times
He got into a sulking snit with Denmark's Prime Minister Frederiksen because of her refusal and apparently he called her a nasty woman.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...wish-democrats

Quote:

..... Calling Frederiksen “nasty” – his preferred insult for women in politics – Trump described his wounded pride at the way his offer had been rejected.

“I thought it was a very not nice way of saying something,” Trump said. “Don’t say ‘What an absurd idea that is’… You don’t talk to the United States that way, at least under me.

“I thought it was not a nice statement, the way she blew me off.”

As Trump continued his attack on Denmark on Twitter from aboard his airplane, the world below struggled with the rest of the wild, wild things he had just said, including.......
He thinks it's quite alright for him to constantly insult and blow off other people and say nasty things about them but it's not alright for anyone else to blow him off.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:58 PM

8,876 posts, read 8,484,763 times
He can buy Taiwan if he wants I definitely wouldn't mind that lol.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:34 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,140,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Well, with sea-level rise much of Denmark too would go underwater.

As will many, many other countries, but there will still be other places above water for people to go to and build on. How ever that all works out for all of them is besides the point with regard to Greenland which is presently being talked about as though people are convinced it's a treasure trove of resources under the rainbow ice that other greedy people/countries can't wait to get their hands on.

The point is that the three already confirmed islands that make up Greenland will be under the ocean and there is a colossal, incredibly deep undersea canyon, the longest canyon on earth, between them, which was only recently discovered. There will be no access to all those rare earth goodies and gas and oil and fresh water that so many people have been speculating and estimating would be there waiting just under the ice. There won't be anything there but sea water and the biggest known underwater canyon in the world. And the very worst loss of all for everyone - the loss of the world's largest, purest reservoir of fresh water.

There will be no stable useable land, if any land at all, anywhere above water for anyone to build on or mine or drill into, or for enemy countries to annex or fight over or build military bases on. The military base that USA already has at the north end of Greenland and which it wants to expand on will be gone beneath the sea.

Denmark and Greenland already know what's going to happen to Greenland when the ice is gone (which is now melting at an excrutiatingly rapid pace, much faster than anyone previously thought possible) - that's why it's such an absurd idea for anyone else to want to "buy" it or annex it. And it would be absurd for the Greenlanders to be unscrupulous enough to give over and "sell" a hopeless cause to others who are supposed to be their allies and thus gain their animosity for flim-flamming them.

Last edited by Zoisite; 08-21-2019 at 10:55 PM..

Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 PM

30,669 posts, read 19,369,876 times
It makes more sense for Greenland to be owned by the USA than Denmark...that being said, I really don't care one way or the other.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:34 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,604,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It makes more sense for Greenland to be owned by the USA than Denmark...that being said, I really don't care one way or the other.
Why, because the U.S. is marginally closer, (by 1000 miles) than Denmark is to Greenland?
The Channel Islands, a group of British dependencies are some 15 miles off Normandy, France, I imagine that
the Islanders would go nuts if it was suggested that they become part of France, and quit the U.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
absolutely

don't know why this is a even a question

caribearean should be americanized (except for jerk chicken and maduros) and annexed as well.

Social media should be used to americanize central and south america. I do not have time to conjugate spanish verb forms. western hempishere should just speak english. makes it easier for the rest of us.
[Mod cut: personal]

Last edited by elnina; 08-22-2019 at 03:58 AM..

Old 08-22-2019, 04:13 AM

1,877 posts, read 681,234 times
If it makes more sense for the US to own Greenland because it is closer then surely it makes even more sense for Canada to own it, and the same for Alaska.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:53 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,984,345 times
Greenland would only be the 6th most populous state/territory outside of contiguous United States:
1. Puerto Rico (territory) - 3.3 million
2. Hawaii (state) - 1.5 million
3. Alaska (state) - 740k
4. Guam (territory) - 170k
5. United States Virgin Islands (territory) - 107k
6. Greenland (territory) - 57k
7. Northern Mariana Islands (territory) - 52k
8. American Samoa (territory) - 51k

Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,534,682 times
Yes, if - and only if - this is the wish of the greenlandic people. Otherwise, no.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:16 AM

12,211 posts, read 8,123,986 times
Is this Greenland thing a joke? Am i still high?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World