Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 12:16 AM

185 posts, read 105,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
As already pointed out we are not intervening in other countries, and have largely withdrawn from the last peacekeeping and training missions.

The main organisation that intervenes is the UN.

There have even be calls for more intervention especially in relation to preventing genocide.

Most modern intervention is now related to peacekeeping, including training security forces, as well as aid work including humanitarian assistance and disaster relief.

As for China, it poses a threat to peace because of it's expansionist claims in relation to Taiwan and other territory around the South China Sea.

The west has tried to work with Iran in terms of it's nuclear program, but there is a fear of it triggering conflict in the region. Iran and Saudi Arabia are anything but allies, whilst Israel may also feel threatened.

I have already mentioned the gray zones in relation to Putin, however Putin may play games but he's unlikely to want to start a war with NATO.

As for North Korea, again the west has tried to work with them, but I don't call firing missiles over Japanese territory an act of peace.

All of the countries you mention have fairly authoritarian and corrupt dictatorships, and the fact you support them over the west merely demonstrates what a warped view of the world you have.
...I think you're ignorant Have you ever been in contact with North Koreans? Although the Iranian government does not like the United States, I find that many Iranians like Americans I think it has something to do with American culture The biggest failure of the Chinese government is to shut down many bad reports about China from the western media If the Chinese see more ignorant British people like you Maybe we'll hate the English more China has a history of 5000 years This place has produced many powerful national Huns, Mongol Turks, Tang Dynasty and Southern Song Dynasty Southeast Asia is hot and Russia is cold Southeast Asia and South Asia are hot, Central Asia and Russia are cold In fact, the best living environment in Asia is all in China Why? Because China has many strong ancestors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 03:50 AM

27,270 posts, read 13,540,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangbatibetan View Post
...I think you're ignorant Have you ever been in contact with North Koreans? Although the Iranian government does not like the United States, I find that many Iranians like Americans I think it has something to do with American culture The biggest failure of the Chinese government is to shut down many bad reports about China from the western media If the Chinese see more ignorant British people like you Maybe we'll hate the English more China has a history of 5000 years This place has produced many powerful national Huns, Mongol Turks, Tang Dynasty and Southern Song Dynasty Southeast Asia is hot and Russia is cold Southeast Asia and South Asia are hot, Central Asia and Russia are cold In fact, the best living environment in Asia is all in China Why? Because China has many strong ancestors
I am not ignorant, I am merely basing threats to world peace on actual world events and areas of the world that are either least stable or are disputed.

The rest of your post imho is pure nonsense and not even worthy of a response.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:08 AM

Quote:
I am not ignorant, I am merely basing threats to world peace on actual world events and areas of the world that are either least stable or are disputed.

The rest of your post imho is pure nonsense and not even worthy of a response.
Why do you think China is dangerous? Maybe it's safer here than you in England China is very interesting close to Southeast Asia, close to Central Asia, Near South Asia close to Russia You can see different types of Asians Don't be fooled by the media

Old 06-21-2021, 04:27 AM

27,270 posts, read 13,540,429 times
Quote:
Why do you think China is dangerous? Maybe it's safer here than you in England China is very interesting close to Southeast Asia, close to Central Asia, Near South Asia close to Russia You can see different types of Asians Don't be fooled by the media
I have already explained the threats to world peace based on disputed territory such as Taiwan, and have already stated the known trigger points in relation to world peace. I suggest you go and re-red my earlier posts because I am not continually repeating myself.

Quote:
It depends how you define threat to peace.

The US is unlikely to invade territory in the same way Russia or China, and the US is currently withdrawing from Afghanistan, so if anything the US is now seen as less of a risk to peace.

Major flash points in terms of world peace include grey zones in Europe such as Ukraine (and other former Soviet satellite states), areas that are contested such as Taiwan and islands in the South China Sea, the Arctic (and it's resources) the Korean Border, the Indian/Chinese border, Pakistan/India, the Middle East including Palestine/Israel and religious fundamentalism, especially in relation to Islam. Space and even the moon (and it's resources) also have the potential to join this list in the future.

As for Iran, it could be a cause of concern if it develops nuclear weapons, as it has enemies in that region including Saudi Arabia, whilst Israel has the potential to strike Iran if it perceives it to be a threat.

The US is itself geographically in a fairly stable and peaceful part of the world, although US Foreign policy is at times questionable.

I think the US and it's western allies are now increasingly involved in cyber and technology, as well as peace keeping missions, however in terms of starting an actual significant conflict, I think the major flash points I have mentioned are still the most likely triggers in terms of actual threats to world peace.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:53 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,056,467 times
Quote:
Until China has a democratically chosen government it won't be trusted by the rest of the planet, North Korea is run by a tyrannical despot, North Korea is the closest thing to hell on the planet. A large portion of the human population are 'free' and want to stay that way, countries run by dictators, whether China, Russia or North Korea (to name but a few) will always be the biggest threat to world peace because 'free' people will NEVER want to lose their freedom and will fight to keep it, so while they feel the threat is there there will always be a sense of being close to 'conflict'.

In the 21st Century Democracy is THE most important aspect to civilisation, nobody in the 'free' West would want to live in a country run by dictators.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I have already explained the threats to world peace based on disputed territory such as Taiwan, and have already stated the known trigger points in relation to world peace. I suggest you go and re-red my earlier posts because I am not continually repeating myself.
... Taiwan belongs to the southern Chinese So why attack Taiwan? You have to remember that Taiwan is a small island

Old 06-21-2021, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Until China has a democratically chosen government it won't be trusted by the rest of the planet, North Korea is run by a tyrannical despot, North Korea is the closest thing to hell on the planet. A large portion of the human population are 'free' and want to stay that way, countries run by dictators, whether China, Russia or North Korea (to name but a few) will always be the biggest threat to world peace because 'free' people will NEVER want to lose their freedom and will fight to keep it, so while they feel the threat is there there will always be a sense of being close to 'conflict'.

In the 21st Century Democracy is THE most important aspect to civilisation, nobody in the 'free' West would want to live in a country run by dictators.
So what is freedom? I am a Tibetan from Sichuan I can drink beer on the street I can take off my coat when it's hot in summer Do you think China and Russia are dangerous ? The question is, have you ever been to Russia and China? Maybe China will be the most powerful country on earth in 2050 The king will always come back The world is changing Don't always fantasize about yourself as a good person

Old 06-21-2021, 05:19 AM

Quote:
So what is freedom? I am a Tibetan from Sichuan I can drink beer on the street I can take off my coat when it's hot in summer Do you think China and Russia are dangerous ? The question is, have you ever been to Russia and China? Maybe China will be the most powerful country on earth in 2050 The king will always come back The world is changing Don't always fantasize about yourself as a good person
'Drink beer. and 'take off your coat', you may not realise it but you have made me chuckle there. What is freedom - freedom is choosing who runs your country, freedom is the people controlling the government and therefore controlling their destiny, if the government here do not govern to the peoples standards then the people remove them - thats freedom. Its the people here that tell the government what they want, in China its the other way around, in China you do as the government says or risk 'consequences'! If I wanted to stand on a box in the street and shout out to the people that the Prime Minister is a useless **** then I can, I don't think it would be wise to do the same thing in Beijing or Moscow no!? Until China is democratic it will be a society mis-trusted by the people in the West and a society that people in the West would NOT like to live in.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
'Drink beer. and 'take off your coat', you may not realise it but you have made me chuckle there. What is freedom - freedom is choosing who runs your country, freedom is the people controlling the government and therefore controlling their destiny, if the government here do not govern to the peoples standards then the people remove them - thats freedom. Its the people here that tell the government what they want, in China its the other way around, in China you do as the government says or risk 'consequences'! If I wanted to stand on a box in the street and shout out to the people that the Prime Minister is a useless **** then I can, I don't think it would be wise to do the same thing in Beijing or Moscow no!? Until China is democratic it will be a society mis-trusted by the people in the West and a society that people in the West would NOT like to live in.
So why do Westerners come to China and they don't want to leave? China is not only the Communist Party In fact, in China, this country does not need too many parties Why? Kuomintang and Communist Party Civil strife in China from 1920 to 1945 This two party has been fighting In the end, the Communist Party won The KMT lost and went to Taiwan If China has two big parties, there will be civil unrest This is what Westerners like to see most

Old 06-21-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
So why do Westerners come to China and they don't want to leave? China is not only the Communist Party In fact, in China, this country does not need too many parties Why? Kuomintang and Communist Party Civil strife in China from 1920 to 1945 This two party has been fighting In the end, the Communist Party won The KMT lost and went to Taiwan If China has two big parties, there will be civil unrest This is what Westerners like to see most
Democracy is THE most important aspect of ANY civilisation, people in the West like to be 'free', free to think how they want to think, free to say what they want to say, free to live a life they want to live, free to grow, free to critisise, free to demonstrate, free to choose who THEY want to govern, they want economic freedom. China is not a democracy, until this changes it will NOT be a society that 'free' people will want to live in, North Korea is even worse!! People there are prisoners of a despot, they are not free to do anything, they have propaganda fed directly into their apartments! The North Koreans are close to being 'The Borg'! Being North Korean would be WORSE than being in prison (and I am being serious here). I believe the Taiwanese want to be 'free' of China no!? The poor people of Hong Kong are (unfortunately) learning that Chinese dictatorship is a poor alternative to the prosporous freedom they had under the British flag, I feel terribly sad for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World