Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you could live Anywhere in the world, which would you choose?
Fiji 2 2.70%
Philippines 4 5.41%
Australia 19 25.68%
New Zealand 19 25.68%
Vanuatu 1 1.35%
French Polynesia 4 5.41%
New Caledonia 2 2.70%
Solomon Islands 1 1.35%
Micronesia 1 1.35%
Cook Islands 2 2.70%
Aruba 4 5.41%
Netherland Antilles 3 4.05%
None of the above - my idea is_____(please list) 29 39.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,538,871 times

Advertisements

Kansas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 01:20 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,994,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If I had to leave the USA: my first choices would be either Australia or New Zealand, then Vancouver, BC Canada followed by Ireland. If South Africa/Zimbabwe were First World English speaking societies (regardless of race/ethnicity).........I would consider them as well.
I don't live in the USA yet I would not mind living there. Also I would not mind Canada, Singapore, New Zealand and the UK. Yet I agree with South Africa/Zimbabwe too if they were first world countries I would consider there too (regardless of race/ethnicity).

Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,140,992 times
I would live in Yorktown, Virginia. But my second best vote would go for right exactly where I am, in northeast Texas.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 AM

318 posts, read 627,202 times
None of the above.

I live in Australia and I want to move to a place that isn't an option on the list.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM

70 posts, read 111,307 times
I would definitely choose Thailand. I love the exotic culture, the food, the people, the beaches, the temples, and the laidback lifestyle as well.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 25 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,939,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer2009 View Post
I would definitely choose Thailand. I love the exotic culture, the food, the people, the beaches, the temples, and the laidback lifestyle as well.
This is a very well said brief summary for how much you love Thailand. I agree for the exotic culture, the food, the people, the beaches, temples, and laid back lifestyle, the relatively good positive not negative energy, and a bright future.

I get annoyed when some people use the overly generalized, false stereotypes for 1st world vs. 2nd world vs. 3rd world, and developed vs. developing etc. blah blah blah. It can be such garbage when they use those terms too much.

I would easily live in Thailand any day of my life compared to some sterile places that might be falsely grouped with “1st world, developed” such as Luxembourg, Ireland, New Zealand, Qatar, Bahrain.

However, why don’t you have Vietnam, and Malaysia on your list? They are unique and culturally separate from Thailand, while having a similar lifestyle, and some similarities in life.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 PM

70 posts, read 111,307 times
I haven't been to Vietnam or Malaysia but looking forever to go when I graduate from university and move away from the US to travel in those two countries however I will love to go all around Southeast Asia.

Yeah I totally agree about living in 1st world developing countries. Living in the US, it is okay to live here but it is not as "exciting and exotic" though for my taste. I get bored easily here since there isn't a sense of community and find things here too expensive to do anything fun.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 25 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,939,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer2009 View Post
I haven't been to Vietnam or Malaysia but looking forever to go when I graduate from university and move away from the US to travel in those two countries however I will love to go all around Southeast Asia.

Yeah I totally agree about living in 1st world developing countries. Living in the US, it is okay to live here but it is not as "exciting and exotic" though for my taste. I get bored easily here since there isn't a sense of community and find things here too expensive to do anything fun.
Yes, I have the same opinion you have for Southeast Asia, at least for Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam for exotic culture, the beaches, the food scene, the temples, laid back relatively relaxed lifestyle, people scene, the relatively good positive energy, something spiritual, or mystical about them, and having a bright future.

However, at the same time, I appreciate, like, and respect plenty of other continental regions all over the world, including in Europe, East Asia, North America, South America, and Oceania outside of Southeast Asia, and said this in the earlier post and original list for most of the places I would move to if I could go anywhere.

Yeah, the first world vs. second world vs. third world, and developed vs. developing are overrated terms, and based too much on overly generalized, false stereotypes. I prefer not using those terms to describe countries.

I select Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam any day of my life compared to Luxembourg, Ireland, New Zealand, Qatar, Bahrain.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:32 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 934,777 times
If I knew the language and find work, I would move to Sweden.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:01 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,119,917 times
If 60% of the people want to live in one of the places listed, how come there is hardly anybody there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World