Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 01:17 PM

11 posts, read 28,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Don't tell my (German) wife, but I'd prefer Holland ever so slightly to Germany! The Dutch are really laid back, friendly people. And the country is probably one of the most bicycle-friendly nations on Earth. I've enjoyed all the other countries i've visited but I especially enjoyed Holland.
right : did you ever try Belgium ? The same people, the same language (in Flandres), but the food and the beer is so much better !!!
We are the real "Bourgondiers", we loved to enjoy al the good thinghs of life!
Greetings from Belgium, Antwerp !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 PM

172 posts, read 608,939 times
um.....The U.S, Canada, and Germany are the best countries on this planet in my opinion.....I've only been to 8 countries in my life, but of the 8 I've been too those three are the best

EDIT: just forgot to add that Belgians have to be the friendliest people I have ever met....every country has friendly people....but nowhere in my life have I met SO many genuinely friendly people....I do also really love Belguim, Ypres and Brussels simply fantastic places, everyone who has the chance should go there

Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,907,544 times
Israel and the USA

Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Not all of them countries but here goes for favourite places anyway:

The Western Highlands ( Scotland, not quite a country but as stunning as it gets)
Maine and New England generally
California
Ireland ( Connemara and county Galway)
Ecuador
Chile
Mexico
Italy
Pacific Northwest and British Columbia
The Dordogne, southwest France and Britanny ( France)
Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds
and many many more...
Most places have got something to offer.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 PM

10 posts, read 38,699 times
I've only been outside of the US once, and that was to Panama, the people are absolutely wonderful, I love the culture... Now I've caught the traveling bug......and I'm ready for more!

Last edited by closee; 05-01-2007 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: forgot some words

Old 05-01-2007, 10:49 PM

14 posts, read 69,065 times
New Zealand is the best country out there,

- What ever you think of aussies they're the same but nicer, cleaner, better accent
- Everyone basically lives within 1 hour of a beach and 2 hours of a ski-field
- Beautiful scenery
- Very out-doorsey and rural yet has a big city if your into nightlife or jumping off the biggest building in the southern hemispherr
- Climate is great not too hot in the summer (unlike aussie) and not too cold in the winter
- The people are very beautiful and healthy

Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,937 times
That's not an easy question to answer! I lived in Indonesia for two years and loved it, it's also a very beautiful place.

But if I could afford it, I'd live in New Zealand 4-6 months of the year and the rest here in the US.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM

413 posts, read 2,560,918 times
The USA - no comparisons, no quips, no substitutes

If you are American and believe otherwise feel free to visit the DDay beaches in Normandy or the Somme, visit warzones in Vietnam. Spend a year abroad and feel how happy you are to see the American flag and meet some fellow Americans.

Yeah I love America.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,937 times
Wallstreet, I had the priviledge a couple of years ago of seeing the president appear at an American cemetary in the Netherlands, where my daughter was stationed. It was a very emotional experience for me. There is no place on earth that can take the place of the US of A in my heart and mind. I know how lucky I am to have been born in this country.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:40 PM

9 posts, read 68,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tineka6 View Post
New Zealand is the best country out there,

- What ever you think of aussies they're the same but nicer, cleaner, better accent
- Everyone basically lives within 1 hour of a beach and 2 hours of a ski-field
- Beautiful scenery
- Very out-doorsey and rural yet has a big city if your into nightlife or jumping off the biggest building in the southern hemispherr
- Climate is great not too hot in the summer (unlike aussie) and not too cold in the winter
- The people are very beautiful and healthy

tinkeka, I agree with everything you said. My son lives in Wellington and I've been down there twice in the last two years. I can now distinguish the difference in the Aussie accent and the Kiwi's. The Kiwi's have a much more beautiful accent. But, yes, NZ is all of the above!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World