Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 01:57 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,339,789 times

Advertisements

Yay USA! Yay all other countries!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 03:00 PM

358 posts, read 413,453 times
Few places in the world can rival Pakistan's Northern regions when it comes to dramatic landscapes. Gilgit- baltistan , Kashmir, Kaghan Valley has some of the most beautiful landscapes found anywhere.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:36 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,664,328 times
If one values landscape diversity in their decision of the countries with the most natural beauty, this can be quantified fairly easily.

The countries with the greatest number of unspoiled land biomes:

1) USA with 13
2) Russia with 8
3) Argentina with 7
Australia with 7
5) Canada with 6
Chile with 6
China with 6
8) Brazil with 5
South Africa with 5
Bolivia with 5
Mongolia with 5
Mexico with 5

Unspoiled here is defined by a Human Footprint Index of less than or equal to ten.

http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/dow...phic/World.pdf

Old 11-25-2015, 08:10 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times
I think all countries are beautiful (or at least most of them, for sure). Most have stunning landscapes.

I think Argentina is being underestimated cause its more remote and less known than, say, USA, but as diverse in landscapes for sure. Here we have the mountains (Andes), desert, glaciars, falls (Iguazu), patagonia, beaches, pampa, dry colored mountains, rainforest, salar, etc, etc, etc. Im really not an expert in biodiversity but its obvious that countries with diversity in climate and very big such as USA, China or Argentina, are gonna have a lot of stunning landscapes too.

Other countries i can think of, of the top of my head

Italy
Iceland
Australia
Greece
India
Canada
Ecuador
Peru

But probably im leaving out a lot. All i can say is from the countries i visited, the ones that had the better landscapes were Peru, Italy and Argentina. And from what i seen on tv, China and USA have amazing landscapes. I wish i could travel the world and see for myself wich country have the better landscapes.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:08 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
I put china at the top of every list and Japan in my top 10 ever since I saw these photos.
China- https://www.google.com/search?q=Chin...rJCcEQ_AUIBigB
-That is actually natural, I would love to see that in real life.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Chin...D4QlhfiChxM%3A
Breathtaking.
Don't forget China has Mount Everest and K2 also straddling it's border.
For Japan- Most beautiful places in Japan - CNN.com, I know a lot of the places on the lsit aren't natural and human made but look at the natural backdrop in many of the pictures and it's spectacular.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:34 PM

922 posts, read 807,303 times
China is indeed very populated but the rural parts are in fact quite prestine.I have taken train and road trips and was amazed at how untouched those areas are.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:40 AM

29 posts, read 23,021 times
New Zealand is top notch. Really, really outstanding place. Japan also has some breathtaking views. The funny part is that those two countries' greatest quality when it comes to natural beauty is their diversity despite of the relatively small size.

Brazil is often quoted as being beautiful and it is, but despite its gigantic size it's also quite boring when it comes to natural beauty. It feels like the country has a few hotspots of intense beauty as Iguazu Falls but the rest is very bland, with few spots being able to be labelled as unique to them or unmatched by other places. They do have great beaches, but so do several other places. The Gaucho Highlands do have some nice canyons and valleys, but again New Zealand's fjords tops it easily. I'd say that when it comes to Southern American landscapes Argentina is prettier than Brazil for its sheer diversity of sceneries and the fact that some of them aren't to be matched outside the country. And it has Iguazu Falls as well.

Now China and the USA are fantastic. Huge and diverse with plenty of sceneries that aren't to be found anywhere else. Those mist capped steep mountains in China always takes my breath away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
1. Scotland
2. Scotland
3. Scotland
4. Scotland
5. Scotland
6. New Zealand
7. USA
8. Australia
9. South Africa
10. Oh, and did I mention Scotland?
FREEDOM!

Old 11-27-2015, 05:51 AM

3,992 posts, read 6,801,710 times
Well, this is a part of Brazil called Lençois Maranhenses:

closer look:

Those are fresh water lakes, thousands of them, among sand dunes

This is totally unique, and there is no place like this in any other part of the world.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:54 AM

29 posts, read 23,021 times
Bloody h! Okay, you've just proved me wrong. Brazil does has a very unique place. Makes for some nice aerials.

Not prettier than some other places that comes to mind when thinking of tropical landscapes (which aren't my favourites) but still very pretty indeed.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:00 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,383,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've been to NZ and it is great, but alot of those countries are just as great, and while I haven't been to alot of those other countries, I have been to China and anybody who doesn't put it in the top 3 at least just doesn't know enough about it. I was absolutely blown away with the things I saw there, we're talking some massive mountains, weird scenery, gorges, deserts, forrests as pretty as anywhere in Europe or North America.
But it doesn't have volcanos.
In my opinion the most complete country in terms of natural beauty is the us. Pacific, Atlantic and the golf of Mexico, so a wild variety of coastline beauty. Desserts, canyons, volcanos, mountains, geysers, petrified forest, giant forest(sequoias)...
The only country that i have been that rivals it is Argentina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World