Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 04:00 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,375,794 times

Advertisements

you place your worst player in right field not left,...............great show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 07:28 AM

322 posts, read 587,626 times
Sir/Madam, you are correct. I got it exactly backward - something that I have been doing all of my life. I blame it on being left-handed. When I was very young it was pounded into my brain that you "write with your right".

But because I get it wrong more that 50% of the time there is probably a bit of plain stupidity at work in the mix.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Thankfully, I have a DVR and have recorded all of the shows. My computer monitor died, so I run a cable to the TV. I thought, wow, a 33 inch Wide Screen computer monitor. I'll just watch tv in the bedroom. No. The next night, the tv in the bedroom died. I don't understand. The tv is only 25 years old and weighs 90 lbs, how could it die so soon? So, I haven't had much tv time lately, but knowing that the dvr was recording everything and I could watch it later, was a relief. I recorded other things too, for instance, I can't wait to watch the evening news for 8-2-2013, or the morning news for the 3rd.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
EH, We've GOT to bring you into this century...

(PS - Tracy loved the labels on the salsa . Thanks!)

Old 01-13-2014, 11:23 AM

109 posts, read 278,703 times
Long live Longmire with his lever action and slab-side .45, we need more Walt's in the world.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Default Post from Craig Johnson on Longmire Days

As a real fan of Johnson, (a lucky dog who has the most unique autographed copy of one of his novels!--and no, I won't tell you how to do it! ), I signed up to get his notifications. Here is the latest--

Quote:
Post-It, Longmire Days: Wyoming in Your Head

The other day, I was talking to my friend Gene Gagliano, who writes marvelous children’s books, and he said, “You’ve done something I always wanted to do—you put Buffalo on the map.”
I laughed. “I think the TV show, Longmire, has put our town on the map.”
“That might be true, but without your books there wouldn’t be a TV series or LONGMIRE DAYS.”

LONGMIRE DAYS was quite a success last year; it’s true that there were plenty of problems, but I have to admit that if anybody saw me there they might’ve noticed the smile on my face. We didn’t handle the crowds all that well, the parking was a madhouse, scheduling got kerfuffled, and a lot of the stores didn’t get the word on what hours they should keep, but all in all—it was magical. Having lived in Johnson County for a quarter of a century now, I’m used to the high plains skirmishes, the politics, and general small-mindedness that can sometimes envelope the little town and large but sparsely populated county after which I modeled Durant and Absaroka County. But on that weekend, I couldn’t have been happier, or more proud.

I’m still amazed at the gals at the Chamber of Commerce and the scope of the event they conceived--along with the efforts of the Wyoming Department of Tourism-- and a myriad of local sponsors who did everything possible to make such an undertaking a success on such short notice. It was like a Frank Capra movie, and I’m long enough in the tooth that I never thought I’d live to see that type of thing. I had worries about how it would go and whether the town would be able to pull something like this off—I should’ve known better. In true western spirit, Buffalo put its best foot forward and shone that weekend last summer, something that didn’t go unnoticed by the actors and actresses from Longmire, who are returning for this year’s event, with maybe a few additions.

Katee Sackhoff sent us a message the other day that she and her buddy, actress Tricia Heifer, the Acting Outlaws, are doing one of their charity motorcycle rides in conjunction with LONGMIRE DAYS instead of going to Sturgis. Last year’s poker run was the largest in Wyoming history; can’t imagine what this year will bring. Their schedule comes out this week, so if you are a rider, make sure you check it out.

One of the events within the event that certainly wasn’t a shortcoming was the autograph sessions with Robert Taylor, the rangy actor who plays Walt Longmire on A&E’s hit series, who signed for four hours on Saturday morning. When the police were dispatched to insure that he had time for lunch, in true sheriff-style, he stood and announced that he wasn’t leaving until the last autograph was signed.
I was talking long distance to him the other day, and he started the conversation with, “I can’t get Wyoming out of my head.”

It starts like that when you come here; a niggling little thought that this might be someplace special—but those of us who are fortunate enough to live here have known that all along, and like anything you’re proud of, you enjoy showing it off.

So, after a great deal of back and forth with the production schedules of the actors, this year’s 3rd annual LONGMIRE DAYS will take place a little earlier than the past two, running from Thursday, July 17th to Sunday, July 20th.
Let us show off and come get a little Wyoming in your head.
See you on the road,
Craig

Old 02-06-2014, 11:19 AM

6,356 posts, read 7,766,843 times
Netflix has season 1. Took me parts of three days to get through them all. Eagerly waiting for Netfilx to upload season 2.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:13 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
As a real fan of Johnson, (a lucky dog who has the most unique autographed copy of one of his novels!--and no, I won't tell you how to do it! ), I signed up to get his notifications. Here is the latest--
Thanks for sharing that great message with us! Craig Johnson is also on Twitter; here's his profile:
https://twitter.com/ucrosspop25. He doesn't tweet very often, but he seems to be quite generous, responding to tweets from readers/viewers.

I just finished his Longmire Christmas short story collection. It's got some back stories that fill in some blanks.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:24 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,963 times
Default Longmire Update

Just checked on Longmire A & E web site on Facebook. No mention on when Season 3 starts. A & E States Season three is in the works! As soon as we have an official premiere date we will share it on this page. Unoffically word is around late May early June.
Scott

Old 03-24-2014, 01:52 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Just checked on Longmire A & E web site on Facebook. No mention on when Season 3 starts. A & E States Season three is in the works! As soon as we have an official premiere date we will share it on this page. Unoffically word is around late May early June.
Scott
I wish they'd get something going. I think it's got a good enough following to get sponsers to keep it on the air. What ticks me off is that they don't even play reruns around here. I have Dish Network with about 200 channels of nothing to watch, so you'd think if they had reruns, it would be on there somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming