Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 PM

774 posts, read 2,581,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I agree, Cody is a great area. The proximity to Billings is nice but so is the proximity to Yellowstone.
For me, the proximity to Yellowstone is much better than proximity to Billings. I spend every moment I can in Yellowstone when this entrance is open. Conversely, I go to Billings only when absolutely necessary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 PM

7 posts, read 99,098 times
I have been doing what I can to research As I said, I plan to make a trip to see Wyoming for myself just so I'm not surprised. I love bike riding or walking! There isn't much of that close to where I live, but when I can find somewhere nice to do it, I love it! Not the type for crazy parties, not yet 21, but maybe going out to a bar every once and a while when I get to 21. And I live to be able to go on day trips! Anywhere that I have never been, I try to pick a day and go.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM

448 posts, read 1,198,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergal View Post
For me, the proximity to Yellowstone is much better than proximity to Billings. I spend every moment I can in Yellowstone when this entrance is open. Conversely, I go to Billings only when absolutely necessary!
Understand, we agree. That'd essentially be me as well.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,286,627 times
Just a little farther but we do day trips to Grand Teton and Yellowstone, and a cuple tiomes to Craters of the Moon and foissil butte NM from SV Star Valley
Plus when FIL had his boat we hit the Lakes outside Pinedale, Jackson Lake, Palisades Reservor, Bear Lake, and Flaming Gourge

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,473 times
Hi Sarah - I live in Vancouver WA and used to have a home in Billings MT - traveled all throughout Wyoming as a pharmaceutical rep. Beautiful state. For Wyoming, I would consider Cody - neat town and quite a bit of medical. I would seriously look into Billings MT though for your age (I know this is a Wyoming post). It is close to Wyoming and is about 90000 in pop so you have people and jobs and some activities that other smaller towns might now have for a younger person. Just my 2 cents - weather is cold, wind is more than here but it is sunny so often that you wont mind it a bit!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,049,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
My late wife liked to tell folks that she moved to Gillette because she'd heard there was a good-looking cowboy behind every tree... and that she didn't realize there were no trees around Gillette until she got here.
I got a good chuckle out of that. However it does appear there is a male positive ratio in some parts of Wyoming. Article - Gender in the United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Some of these are out on the high prairie, some are nestled next to mountains. I'd also advise you to visit Wyoming and any particular town you're interested in before accepting a job. They're all a far cry from Vancouver.
Absolutely, if the OP can't find a man in Vancouver, WA, population 162,432, and right across the river from Portland, Oregon, population 585,474, then I'm not sure what improvement her odds would get in Wyoming, population 576,412.

From that map above it looks like Colorado or Nevada would be a safer bet. Lots more blue.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,286,627 times
Like the Pink in Niobara County , kind of think the Womens prsion skews that one

Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,595,331 times
s The numbers don't matter. A good woman can find her love in Cody as well as Billings or anywhere else. I daresay a good man can do the same since it takes two people to get a marriage licence, one man and one woman in our great state.

Let's never forget, however, that the most stalwart men and most feminine women are in Wyoming.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 AM

7 posts, read 99,098 times
Its not that I can't find a guy, not the issue at all. I'm just hoping, maybe, I can find one who doesn't have his head or his manners stuffed up his butt. I'm not moving to find someone, its just a bonus if I could.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:17 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorsenetwork View Post
Hi Sarah - I live in Vancouver WA and used to have a home in Billings MT - traveled all throughout Wyoming as a pharmaceutical rep. Beautiful state. For Wyoming, I would consider Cody - neat town and quite a bit of medical. I would seriously look into Billings MT though for your age (I know this is a Wyoming post). It is close to Wyoming and is about 90000 in pop so you have people and jobs and some activities that other smaller towns might now have for a younger person. Just my 2 cents - weather is cold, wind is more than here but it is sunny so often that you wont mind it a bit!
Billings is a great town and there is a lot to do there. However, after living in Billings for 13 years I moved back to Wyoming and, personally, it was the best thing we ever did. Cost of living here (I am considering take home pay and expenditures.....our "what's left at the end of the month" money) is generally much more palpatable in Wyoming than in Montana. A big part of that is that we don't have state income tax in Wyoming. Montana doesn't have state sales tax, but unless you buy A LOT of stuff, the difference in no state income tax vs. no state sales tax is large. The only time I cringe at having sales tax is when I buy and have to register a new vehicle! Living in Cody (even when I lived in Gillette, Thermopolis) we do quite a bit of shopping in Billings, not so much for the lack of sales tax there, but more for the wider variety of shopping. All of this is taking into consideration the cost of housing, utilities, food, etc. Remember, bottom line left at the end of the month. So for us, although we did like Billings and my hubby was born & lived there his whole life until moving to Wyo, living in Wyoming, and especially Cody, is more desirable for us! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming